Went into flower November 16th - Still nothing!

noobiegrow

So I've been growing this bag seed (first time growing BTW) and it has been in flower since Nov 16th. So that would make it close to 12 weeks of flowering now.

Now obviously I don't know the strain since I pulled the seed out of a smoke bag but 12 weeks is a little excessive no? I know some strains can flower forever, maybe this is one of those.

Some of the buds are dense, some have more trichs than others but for the most part all the trichs seem to be clear and some buds being stickier that others. What bugs me the most is everyday I go in and check on the stupid thing, I always notice new growth, the smaller larfy buds that have fresh new white pistils growing from it while some pistils have turned amber/brown. Most noticeable growth is in the last pic I believe, it had a stem grow out with two bud sites on it, this happened in a matter of 3 days when I was out of town.

Any ideas?

Conditions:
RDWC system
water temp 63 degrees
humidity 40-46
room temp 75 lights off 78-79 lights on
water ph 6.2
light cycle after 12/12 for 2 months is now 16 off and 8 on
PPM roughly 700
Ionic bloom, PK booster

Any ideas or suggestions will help because I need to get her down to build my new room for my next grow.

IMG_005873.JPG
IMG_005585.JPG

IMG_005485.JPG

IMG_0047104.JPG

HELP?!?!?!?!? Thanks guys.

I would cut her.

I am not into RDWC but Ph 6,2 seems to much for hydro more 5,6 - 6,0.
That leafs look a bit strange too make sure there are no light leaks.
Leafs like that look like I take clone out of flower and re-veg.
Make sure no power-led or any control light is on during dark.

Thank you for your response. I read somewhere that 5.8-6.5 is a safe level for RDWC. I normally keep it there because supposedly calmag is best in 6.2 ph.

No light leaks at all. Several times right when lights went out, I would sit in the room for 10 mins to see if there are any lights and there are none.

You say cut her down, so does that mean I wasted about 5 months on this grow? I would think that this wouldn't even get a person high even if they smoked the whole plant! lol

I'm a dirt farmer, but she looks like she is Sativa dominant. Did she grow and stretch like a Sativa? If so, 12 weeks is not long. I'm working with a strain now that will probably go 15-16 weeks, or more. Some go 20 weeks+. Your 8/16 should help move her along to the finish. The pictures under LEDs make it difficult to get a proper look, but she doesn't look fully baked to me.

I'm a dirt farmer, but she looks like she is Sativa dominant. Did she grow and stretch like a Sativa? If so, 12 weeks is not long. I'm working with a strain now that will probably go 15-16 weeks, or more. Some go 20 weeks+.

I'm not sure if she grew and stretched like a Sativa since this is my first grow. I do however understand that Sativa dominate strains could take 4-6 months to flower.

Again, if I cut her down now, she's probably not even potent enough to get any effects?

Again, if I cut her down now, she's probably not even potent enough to get any effects?

Dunno.
You could snip a small bud and do a taste w/o a cure to see how it is. If you have magnification, look at the trichomes to see if they are clear/cloudy/coloring. You can also do it with a phone or camera. I often get a better look from my own pictures than I do looking in person. :loopy:

I'm not sure if she grew and stretched like a Sativa since this is my first grow. I do however understand that Sativa dominate strains could take 4-6 months to flower.

I wouldn't hurry her now, just sit back and enjoy it.

Yeah man, I would NOT chop her down. Your pics show bud that hasn't even filled out yet. There are some funky leaves, that's for sure. I would research pH some more and make sure you are in the zone for your hydro method. Keep them going and get a magnifier/microscope so you can check trichomes. That's the way to tell if it's ready, but looking at your pictures, it appears that it is still on the grow.

I read somewhere for some sativa strains that growers waited and waited and trichs never turned. Yes the leaves look weird compared to every other pics I've seen of other people's plants.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I read somewhere for some sativa strains that growers waited and waited and trichs never turned. Yes the leaves look weird compared to every other pics I've seen of other people's plants.

Yeah, the trichomes may never turn (I have not fact checked it, but I am sure it's possible), but you can look at those plants and see they still have some growing to do. It looks to me like you still have a ton of white pistils reaching for the lights. Pictures with the LEDs off may be better for us to look at and discuss.

I will update tomorrow with new pics with the LEDs off. I might have an idea on what's the cause of this.

I will update tomorrow with new pics with the LEDs off. I might have an idea on what's the cause of this.

Awesome, I am sure the guys will let you know exactly what they think once you drop the new pics. What do you think may be the cause?

It's m first time growing so I let it grow however it wanted hence the reason why it's 7'5 ft tall. Anywho, I didn't do any trimming and let branches and bud grow everywhere. So low and behold my mother comes in town and yells at me "what are you doing?!?!?" I think to myself I'm in the shithole. My mom runs up to my plant and I thought she was going to yank it out and kill it. She goes...... These branches here here here and here are not getting any light so I'm going to take off all the little ones far from the light because it's taking from all these top buds and branches. So she lollipops my plant. Doh .

Yeah, the trichomes may never turn (I have not fact checked it, but I am sure it's possible), but you can look at those plants and see they still have some growing to do. It looks to me like you still have a ton of white pistils reaching for the lights. Pictures with the LEDs off may be better for us to look at and discuss.

Here are pics you asked for. Hope this helps to better understand what's going on.
IMG_009755.JPG

IMG_009664.JPG

IMG_009551.JPG
IMG_009448.JPG
IMG_009344.JPG

IMG_009258.JPG

IMG_009050.JPG
IMG_008950.JPG

IMG_008844.JPG

IMG_008757.JPG

IMG_008654.JPG
IMG_008462.JPG

IMG_008357.JPG

IMG_008260.JPG

IMG_008059.JPG

Thank you guys in advance.

Looks to me like you still have a ton of white pistils reaching for the light, long and lanky, I think you have a Sativa on your hands. Keep it growing, but get a scope/magnifier to check trichomes.

I have a loupe but it's hard for me to tell if they are clear or cloudy. I have a 30x and 60x. I might have to get a 100x usb one. I'm about 100% sure it's a sativa because the other one that was planted same time has been harvested 3 weeks ago.

@BEAVER thank you. Maybe I got lucky. Lol. I did a lot of reading and prepping but I sure wasn't prepared for this long lasting strain. Once this grow gets done in 2 years. I will build my new room to better accommodate growing.

Back
Top Bottom