Stunt Growth?

Czecho

Hey Guys,

As a recap, I have been trying to grow this new strain over the last months with no success (only a couple of attempts). Usually the plant appeared and then stopped growing before having leaves (pic in my last journal).

This time was different, as you can see in the picture the plant grew. Now, I am getting worried because it sprouted around 20 days ago and it looks extremely small to me. The lights are fairly close so that could explain why the stem si so short.

Any idea? The lights are 18/6 and its a not an automatic breed.

Thanks in advance! Best,

File_10-2-16_8_22_07_p_m_.jpeg
File_10-2-16_8_21_27_p_m_.jpeg

It could be many things. To start with:
What soil are they in?
Room temp?
Is it flooded?
Did you put any thing besides water in it?
Is the water pH"d
Where did the water come from?

Plus it is way too deep in the cup. That will stunt growth. It is not getting good air movement and it will be overly humid in there. You want to make sure the plant is above the rim.

Thanks!! Wow, that last tip... thanks! It never ocurred to me.

Only tap water for now, its the same I used over my last grows with no problem and I think its fairly neutral.

Its hot and humid. To be fair, not much air circulation either. Unfortunately theres not much I can do with the temps as its hot and humid outside as well. We are in the middle of summer.

That said, my last grows were around the same time last year. PS By hot I mean above 86C with above 50% humidity.

Anyway, the lights run at night to cool down things a little and better control the temps.

Thanks!! Wow, that last tip... thanks! It never ocurred to me.

Only tap water for now, its the same I used over my last grows with no problem and I think its fairly neutral.

Its hot and humid. To be fair, not much air circulation either. Unfortunately theres not much I can do with the temps as its hot and humid outside as well. We are in the middle of summer.

That said, my last grows were around the same time last year. PS By hot I mean above 86C with above 50% humidity.

Anyway, the lights run at night to cool down things a little and better control the temps.

I hope you mean 86f.:thumb:

Get that plant in a slightly bigger pot and get it up to where it can at least get some air as Village said.

Do you have a fan moving air? That plant is trying but it needs a little help, i'ts roots have probably already circled your medium.

Hey! Yes, definetely I meant 86f, I actually had the reading in celsius and I converted.

Ok, so I switched to a bigger pot in despair a few days after i cut the extra "pot" I had to level the plant and seeing no immediate results. I ended up digging some old soil from a pot because what I had wasn't enough... not my proudest moment. To be honest, I was waiting to see a lot of roots in the plant and it barely had any, they were well below thou. It seems like they went down to the bottom and stopped growing. I actually wanted to take a picture but the transplant was a mess and I actually didnt think the plant will survive.

Summing up, in the pics below you can see the plant in its actual state. I watered today with some nutrients for the first time. It has some new growth but its not impressive and it is still very compact. It looks taller because after the transplant I realised the seed was way deeper than I thought and took some of the soil it covered the stem.

Im thinking about putting the led lights higher... they are currently half a meter away or less. Also, I will probably get rid from the old, lower leaves.

Best!

IMG_204227.JPG
IMG_204123.JPG

Hey! Yes, definetely I meant 86f, I actually had the reading in celsius and I converted.

Ok, so I switched to a bigger pot in despair a few days after i cut the extra "pot" I had to level the plant and seeing no immediate results. I ended up digging some old soil from a pot because what I had wasn't enough... not my proudest moment. To be honest, I was waiting to see a lot of roots in the plant and it barely had any, they were well below thou. It seems like they went down to the bottom and stopped growing. I actually wanted to take a picture but the transplant was a mess and I actually didnt think the plant will survive.

Summing up, in the pics below you can see the plant in its actual state. I watered today with some nutrients for the first time. It has some new growth but its not impressive and it is still very compact. It looks taller because after the transplant I realised the seed was way deeper than I thought and took some of the soil it covered the stem.

Im thinking about putting the led lights higher... they are currently half a meter away or less. Also, I will probably get rid from the old, lower leaves.

Best!

IMG_204227.JPG
IMG_204123.JPG

Give it some time and water less! That pot is huge for that plant and if you keep it too wet the roots wont spread.

Ok. It seems the issue at hand, among many, is that I was overwatering the little plants. I was smothering them by being overprotective... I ended up reading that the autos are less prone to overwatering so that may explain a bit the issue.

Summing up, it looks much better now and I am letting the soil to dry a lot between watering her. A issue in the near future will be air circulation as I experienced fungus in my last grows near the buds.

I think I will be moving the conversation to the journal so please follow me there.

Thank you all you helped me save her! (fingers crossed)

IMG_206020.JPG
IMG_205926.JPG
IMG_205820.JPG

Looks like she is starting to flower

Looks like she is starting to flower

Agree... but its too small! I was hoping to wait longer before switching the lights. Actually, you got me thinking... and Im afraid she might be an auto as I maybe ran out of the "normal" seeds trying.

Back
Top Bottom