Max potential in 4x4 tents?

BostonGreen

Hey everyone.. i got a few 4x4 tents and have been growing with them for awhile now.. Im just wondering what you guys all pull out of your 4x4's as I'm wondering weather to upgrade in size to something bigger or just keep dialing in my current grow rooms and try to max out my yields..

Whats the highest DRY WEIGHT yields anyone has had in a 4x4:420:

Yield is always a funny question to ask !

As every body's environment differs slightly which may effect growing conditions...

Strains may be varies in yield from one to another or as to size which can be grown to with height limits or style of grow sog, scrog, bush, flux all effects yield or how many plants you can grow in said space ?

Off the top of my head i'd say 1 lb to 2 lb is a reasonable estimate.

Yield is always a funny question to ask !

As every body's environment differs slightly which may effect growing conditions...

Strains may be varies in yield from one to another or as to size which can be grown to with height limits or style of grow sog, scrog, bush,

flux all effects yield or how many plants you can grow in said space ?

Off the top of my head i'd say 1 lb to 2 lb is a reasonable estimate.

yes I'm sorry for such a vague question as i know WAY to many factors can play a role.. lol but yeah I'm assuming SOG or Scrog could potentially create a max yield for the space allowed... I'm a perpetual grower and have never tried a scrog yet i have been dying to give it a try.. maybe with my white widow babies or my white rhino babies ill give it a whirl.. i just feel like if i scrog i will be taking away some tent time and harvests may slow down??? since i would need to grow plants into the trellis a bit before the flip??

Hi Boston,

Have to agree with Fuzzy, that the tent size is but one of many variables that will effect a final outcome. I think I can identify with the motive to your question though.

With that said, my limited experience tends to fall on the lower end of Fuzzy's range of results. Probably could get the number up with more light, more ventilation, more....but at some point, enough is enough for my limited needs.

i don't know how many more watts i would even want to try and cram in there. i got 956 at the wall watts of LED in my 4x4 and I'm definitely not pulling what i probably could under that.. My MAX yield in a single 4x4 i have ever gotten was 16oz SoG under my old 1000w Hps before the ballast blew up

but since then i have spent most of my time on trich production and mastering certain strains quality wise not yield as i was growing for personal use

but now I'm on my serious perpetual grind and wanna pump out some numbers!

Scrog takes a little longer for vegging & on average it is roughly about 3 months depending on size of scrog mesh/screen which needs to about 70% full before flip to flowering, but you may need room at some point to work on individual plants for a little defol/leaf plucking at some point, but has potential to yield several oz plus per plant.

Fluxed plants can yield about the same as scrog but with out using a mesh/screen & still takes about 3 months of veg, you can use the search function of forums for this looking for flux to which a LA light addict is master of the subject & well worth checking his work out for a jar dropping experience :drool:

SOG ah we don't see many of those grows on the forums for some reason ? mainly due to most are from medical MJ states which restrict how many plants you can grow at any given time but ye one of those things...

Some seed breeders often refer to yield by 1 m2, 500g as an example which is a reference to SOG a commercial practice with an average of 16 to 20 plants per m2 & more likely a base 600w hps or perhaps 1000w hps light for such, i suspect air cooled hoods could be used for this & at least the bigger type hoods for light foot print to cover area.

But if 16 plants per 1 m2 = 500g or 1 lb, would suggest a dry yield of of 1 oz per plant but may well require some veg period in till they are several inches tall plus a little bit, before flipping to flower to gain target yield.

20 plants per 1 m2 might suggest the lower yield strains tho to make ends meet ? or that you might not veg for the extra week or two to get a bigger plant which may effect yield !

i can't tell you from experience yet, but what i can tell you is what i hope to work towards with my 4x4; based on things i've read from other people and their 4x4's and have judged reasonable.

from what I've seen of journals here and elsewhere, a reasonable max to aim towards in a 4x4 is ~2 lbs. There are basically 2 ways to achieve this, either with a SoG with as many square ~6 inch pots you can fit (~32-64), in a no mercy 12/12 from seed/clone grow, OR, 1,2 or 4 high yield plants in a scrog with ~50 w/sqft (or equivalent PAR though I'm not sure yet how to reconcile the 2, still learning) and a proper nutrient regimen.

i'm hoping to work towards the latter, with 4 plants in a scrog each pulling ~4-8 ounces dry for 1-2 pounds a harvest

long term goals.

i'll be happy with an ounce per plant for the foreseeable future, but based on my findings, this is about the max you can expect from a 4x4 tent if everything is done correctly.

IMG_20160116_013940.jpg
IMG_20160201_223637.jpg
IMG_20160201_225509.jpg
IMG_20160201_222928.jpg
I fit this in my 2 metre x 2 metre tent

Back
Top Bottom