FirstGrowOp - Need help with heating growtent

Kundal1n1

Hi there everyone, this is my first indoor grow operation. I have experience and success with outdoor growing and gardening but am a total noob when it comes to indoor growing.

I started this project a couple days ago, I have a very limited budget. Started building my own grow tent in the poorly insulated basement area of our house. Native temperature there is 15°c or around 60°F.
Materials used so far, clear plastic, styrofoam, cardboard, aluminum foil, and a whole lot of ductape!

Temperature issues are still existing, I hoped it would subside with building the tent, and it did, slightly.
Temperature with lights on (including an extra halogen bulb for heating purposes) 70-74°F
Temperature with lights off 58-62°F

Will that be warm enough to cultivate my first indoor crop ? Or not ?
What are my options in regards to heating ? Please note it's a very small space. 2f deep, 4f wide, 6f high
Thermostat in the tent with small heater ?
What about taking in cold fresh air from outside the tent?

Anyways, any tips on maintaining tropical temperatures would be very lovely.
I am still setting things up, still waiting on my seeds, so I'm in no rush.. though on a tight budget...
planning on growing with CFL's.

The temperature range you listed should be fine. But, I take it the air outside the grow box is colder. You need to be moving fresh air into the grow box to get rid of the stagnant air. Depending on how cold that is, you may need to try and heat the outside area.

The good thing is you may not need to bring the temp up too high. The lower temps may help lessen the stretch from the lower power lights. You can try to keep the outside area around 60F at night and hopefully your lights may raise your temps in the grow box a bit higher during lights on. If not, raise the heat during the lights on however much you need to, to get around 68-70 in the box.

Back
Top Bottom