First Grow - Need some advice

rameraze

Hello.

This is my first grow and im looking for any advice on what I can/cannot do. Or how to improve what I am doing. I am reading pretty much anything I can get my hands on to see, however first hand experience is usually best.

My set up is a 1000W MH grow light. I know its kinda over kill but I got the light for a good price and could pass it up. I am not using any reflecting material as the bulb is alot. I do keep the light about 21 inchs away from the plant, However i find I need to go higher as there seems to be abit of leaf curling. I am using a tiny amount of Fox farm ferts and usually water every 2 days, with one being with fert and one without. The plant is 3 weeks old from a seedling. What I am wondering is can I cut those big huge leaves off? They seem to hindering the little nods from getting enough light. And any other advice on how to get a good yield would be awesome.

Thank you.

20160213_141537.jpg
20160213_141527.jpg
20160213_141509.jpg
20160207_094242.jpg

:welcome:Welcome To...
:420:

Cut any way you like, as long as this is not an auto flower variety.

Don't cut anything when you go to 1212. Good luck :bongrip:

V

Howdy Dude and you should leave the big leaves there for awhile. You need foliage to catch all that light the bulb is producing. And they account for 3/4 of what the plant is using to absorb the need light to grow. I am guesting that it is an Auto-flower...?? I seen your photos in the Gallery.

Eventually the small growth will produce branches and you will be able to "tuck" the fan leaves (the big ones) under those branches. And that will happen shortly. She looks good and that wattage will really kick her in the ass. I am guesting it is a female also. Do you have any specs. That will help others provide info you may need. I have a little shrub going and tomorrow will be 28 days old. It took a 14 to 18 days for her branches to get long enough for me to stuff fan leaves under other stems to let light penetrate. Give her time and you will be able to train her......this is mine starting 14 days ago till yesterday

0012754.JPG

002a6.jpg

0061997.JPG

0022671.JPG

0012767.JPG

This last one is 10 minutes ago...

0032576.JPG

Just give her a bit more time and slowly increase nuits and it is better to water her lightly and give time to absorb and dry out a bit. Also don't wait to long to put her into a bigger pot, ASAP and a 5 gallon one if you can. She is spending more energy making roots right now compared to foliage. So giving them a permanent home sooner is less likely to slow her total growth down. As transplanting will shock them for sometime. And if it is an Auto-flower you or more like she has only a certain number of day to produce vegetation // get so big, her maximum size. ...Peace.....

Howdy Dude and you should leave the big leaves there for awhile. You need foliage to catch all that light the bulb is producing. And they account for 3/4 of what the plant is using to absorb the need light to grow. I am guesting that it is an Auto-flower...?? I seen your photos in the Gallery.

Just give her a bit more time and slowly increase nuits and it is better to water her lightly and give time to absorb and dry out a bit. Also don't wait to long to put her into a bigger pot, ASAP and a 5 gallon one if you can. She is spending more energy making roots right now compared to foliage. So giving them a permanent home sooner is less likely to slow her total growth down. As transplanting will shock them for sometime. And if it is an Auto-flower you or more like she has only a certain number of day to produce vegetation // get so big, her maximum size. ...Peace.....

Thank you for your input. THe plant is Crown Royal Buy Crown Royale Cannabis Seeds - Crop King Seeds It is not an auto flower. I also have it in a 5gal pot. I did that today before I took the pics. When I removed the plant there was alot of roots on the bottom of the pot. I am also using a cloth pot for more air.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom