White Rhino looks like backyard weed and grows slower/harder than a turtle

Requin

Hello for starters, good to be here.
I'm by no means an expert in weed tho I did read my eyes out on the subject. I do however have some issues with my white rhino plant.
It was "born" a month ago and it's been under 18h of light for the past 25 days.
White Rhino
Around 600W of light
Grown in soil
General use fert
30 Celsius(86 Fahrenheit) during light time and around 24-25 when the lights are not on.
Watered every day
Just cut the top today, it was way to tall for my taste
Any thoughts on why it's looking like it is? Few leaves, tall as hell, skinny stem.
There is an AA battery on the soil so people can see the size of the plant.
Thank you!
20160225_201508.jpg
20160225_201502.jpg

Light setup:
20160225_205242.jpg

Might look dark but it's nuff to blind you as you walk by it, the photo was taken so the exposure was on the lights, otherwise they would look like a white bloob.

Big light is about 60cm above the plant and the 3 bulbs are at about 15-20cm. No fan, no aaannd it should be a female, seeds were supposed to be feminised.
Thank you.

you can grow with a halogen it's just inefficient. you get about the same amount of lumens from a 500 watt halogen lamp as you do from a 100 watt hid lamp.

right now you have enough lumens to produce at least an ounce.

Requin I'm not an expert either and no disrespect to you in any way, but when I saw your thread title combined with your lights I gotta good chuckle. Hope the plant picks up growth for ya.

Well I admit i never read about lumens, just watts so I thought that the monster 500w halogen would do it.
It will go out tomorrow.
So how many of those 25W bulbs shound I get? We don't have lumens here on lightbulbs, just watts. The small ones are 25W and the big middle one is 45W.
Again, thank you.
P.S it's ok fizz, ment it to ne somewhat funny :)

Well I admit i never read about lumens, just watts so I thought that the monster 500w halogen would do it.
It will go out tomorrow.
So how many of those 25W bulbs shound I get? We don't have lumens here on lightbulbs, just watts. The small ones are 25W and the big middle one is 45W.
Again, thank you.

You can get some 150true watt led lights for like 60 each, two of those guys should do you plenty.

Looks like it has been pretty well covered. My thoughts were:

1) Temp's are too high
2) Lights are too far away and not enough of it. I'd place the CFLs 5 cm (or less) away.
3) Not enough air movement
4) Incorrect watering technique

It will go out tomorrow.
Again, thank you.

each 25 watt cfl (100 watt incandescent equivalent) emits about 1500 lumens. I'd like to see how the plants turn out under the halogen lamp, but keep in mind that it uses a lot of electricity.

there are also hid, t5 fluorescent, and led fixtures which make good plant lights. I've had the most luck with hid and fluorescent lighting.

I'll go hunting for some cfl tomorrow and start a decent watering plan, I know daily watering is not smart but that damn 500W halo scorched the whole room, making the soil dry as hell in less than 24 hours.
Wish I came here from the start instead of wasting precious hours reading crap info about the subject...
Thank you yet again, I will keep this thread alive with updates if anyone is interested.

I'll go hunting for some cfl tomorrow and start a decent watering plan, I know daily watering is not smart but that damn 500W halo scorched the whole room, making the soil dry as hell in less than 24 hours.
Wish I came here from the start instead of wasting precious hours reading crap info about the subject...
Thank you yet again, I will keep this thread alive with updates if anyone is interested.

/the 500W halo is to hot a lamp for that room.

Who is the breeder of you WR, I have GHS and they are nice plants. Have the mother.

GR

Back
Top Bottom