Am I drying and curing these buds right? Really not sticky

Foodeefish

Okay,

These Buds came from my AK-48 plant and once they were ready I put them in total darkness for 24 hours. Then I cut the plant down, cut off the large leaves, trimmed the other leaves sticking out, cut the whole plant into the branches, and hung them in total darkness to dry on a string. The drying room is 65-75 degrees, humidity is 40-45%, and a large box fan is blowing air indirectly. Next step is to put them in Mason Jars and get the humidity to 60% in the Jars.

After the fourth day of drying I was able to snap the smaller branches and the pictures attached show the larger bud. Why do my buds look nothing like the sticky, tight buds I see on this website?

What am I doing wrong?

:high-five:

IMG_0275_1_3.JPG
IMG_027545.JPG

I only trim my fan leaves before I hang dry and I've found that a fan speeds up the drying process to much. Something to be said about patience. The jar cure can last years I smoked a 2 yo bud last Xmas of some Girl Scout and it was beautiful so there's no limit concerning time that I know of but your major issue brother is those buds are at least a month premature maybe even 2 I know they looked done and you had prolly been waiting months but you harvested to early. I hope you didn't discard any of your trim as the thc content is stronger in foliage than flower so if I were you I would make dabs or cannabutter or some other tincture with those buds and your trim

Thanks a million ohioboy. So if I understand you correctly, if I left these buds growing a month more, they would start to add the stickiness and get more dense, is this correct?

Bro my first grow I did the same exact thing I was 15 now I'm 35 when those bitches are ready brother they will let you know trust me look I'm an outdoor organic non gmo Gardner my grows are 6-7 months when that girl is ready the cola will prolly be to heavy for the stem depending on your strain and also she will smell so strong that that smell you are missing right now will be in a 10ft radius of her and sticky? You won't wanna touch the buds cause the trics will be a yellowish color just sparkling TRUST ME bro leave em to grow I promise you in just two weeks you will see such a change you will want to let them go it's not easy but don't waste the time and energy already spent up on doing what you've already done by harvesting to early #ucandoit

How do they smoke? If you're happy with the produce, don't sweat it! Could be genetics, could be ripeness, could be lack of photo lighting/angles...

How long did you flower them for? Light source? Hope you get to appreciate what you grew!

Trim it tight and I bet you'll be happier with the way the buds look. Plus you'll have a bunch of trim to do fun stuff with. :thumb:

ohioboy,

It sounds as though you know what our talking about so the next little ladies I have growing will not be harvested till they are good and stinky. I will be much more patient and hopefully reap the Benefits.

I'll let you know how the next grow goes and thanks again:thumb:

It smoked really kinda weak to be truthful. I have a 4x4 tent with 600 watt MH/HPS and flowered them for 8 weeks. I saw some cloudy trichomes and I think I may have jumped the gun by harvesting too early. I'm using Fox Farm Nutes but only 50-60% of what they suggests as anytime I use more, it seems to bring on nute burn. I think they tell you to use more than you actually need.

A question I had was is it a good idea to put some lights under the plants/ on the sides during flowering? I have a bunch of t-5s laying around and was wondering if they would help or is the 600 watt enough?

I will trim much closer s iwtlfum suggest

Yeah, the t5s should help if they are within the correct range. Especially during flower because it allows more light for some of the side buds that don't get enough from the top.

Currently I have a 1000w hps and a 600w led positioned at 45° angles over the top/sides of my plant and I rotate every couple days or so. It made so much of a difference that some of my side buds are just as big as some on the top. Check out the latest pic in my journal and you will see.

I figured this out while expirimenting and the results are awesome. Just wish I had 4 lights now so I wouldn't have to rotate lol.

ohioboy,

It sounds as though you know what our talking about so the next little ladies I have growing will not be harvested till they are good and stinky. I will be much more patient and hopefully reap the Benefits.

I'll let you know how the next grow goes and thanks again:thumb:

Hey can anyone here tell me about molasses or Kickapoo juice please

Outdoors organics

Back
Top Bottom