Question regarding Pro-Mix HP

TheGanjaMon

Hi,
Hope im not the only one experiencing this.
I thought pro mix had no nuets added to it.
I did a test few weeks ago with pure R.O water and ppm was at 007.
Now i did the same test with promix and watered it with R.O water.
The result was same as pure R.O 007.
But when i did the test it was the top of the bag of promix and also a small container that held it 1/2 liter.
Now i planing to plant my other auto in there so i decided to do a PH adjustment and ran a few gallons till i got PH 6.1 as recommended for autos. When i checked the ppm of the same run off it was at 488 ppm. I dont understand how can this be?
My R.O water is at 007 i triple checked.
Any ideas anyone?

My understanding is/was that promix has a small amount of nutrient in it for starting plants, as does sunshine mix. However- since I don't use it I'm just talking. Maybe check out what it says on the side of the bag, and report back :thumb:

I don't believe Promix HP has any nute's in it...exactly.
It does have lime to adjust PH and buffer it, as well as a wetting agent (and myco and some a fungicide).
Since lime is a source of calcium and magnesium, it does offer some nutrient value. The lime and wetting agents will change your readings along with any water soluble stuff in the peat. Even percolating distilled water through plain peat will add EC.

My pro~mix does..I can actually see little green balls in the mix when breaking it up. I also pick out any good size twigs
20160315_114718.jpg
20160315_114328.jpg
20160315_114320.jpg

I've never seen that type of Promix, but I don't see any nute's in the list of components. It looks to be the same stuff they use in most of their versions, except w/o extra perlite and the myco.

I think this site needs a pro mix discussion thread, being more people are using it. The bag says most plants require fertilizer after 2-3 weeks, it's just not showing the actual N-P-K numbers which can't be that high. I usually can go 3 weeks in a solo cup before I see signs they need to be fed. I'm assuming the little green balls i find in the mix are Nitrogen. I buy the mix at h.dep. and that's the only kind they have, no HP or BX. I didn't know they had ones with extra perlite. Which one are you using?

I think this site needs a pro mix discussion thread, being more people are using it. The bag says most plants require fertilizer after 2-3 weeks, it's just not showing the actual N-P-K numbers which can't be that high. I usually can go 3 weeks in a solo cup before I see signs they need to be fed. I'm assuming the little green balls i find in the mix are Nitrogen. I buy the mix at h.dep. and that's the only kind they have, no HP or BX. I didn't know they had ones with extra perlite. Which one are you using?

I believe they say most seedlings will need fertilizer after 2-3 weeks because there is no fertilizer in it. The seed has everything the plant needs for that long. I think you could grow a seed in straight perlite (and water) for 2-3 weeks. If a product has N-P-K in it, I think they are required to label it with the percentages.

Around here Homer Despot doesn't carry it at all. Lows does but only in 2.2 cu-ft bales.

I use Promix HP w/Mycorrhizae in 3.8 cu-ft bales. It used to look like the first pic, but I believe they changed to the second pic (I haven't gotten any with the blue bag):

No balls in my bag. :rofl:

But, "No." Really, I've never seen any. I just looked through a fair amount still in a half-used bale. Just peat and perlite.

I wonder if some of the perlite could have algae/moss on it???

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I though it was a good idea to start this thread regarding pro mix hence we are here lol.
Im using the second bad the one on the right with the blue. I did read somewhere there are no nutes in it thats why i picked it so it will be easy to manage regarding what goes to the feeding. But like i said before the weirdest thing is that when i tested ppm of run off from the top of the bag with r.o water i got 007 as the water but now half way through did same with a bigger batch and got the ppm 488.
Anyhow i did find it interesting u showing me the green and bleu balls as mine dont have that. are you using same bag of promix HP? or different promix as they got a ton of different products like MX and some others

lol i think Pro Mix will drive me as crazy as SunGro with all the versions... :loopy: just an fyi.. there are multiple versions of Sunshine #4 now.

this might help us stoners keep it straight :laughtwo: pretty sure i can post this link because they are a sponsor/partner.. unless i missed something lately. Growing Media for Annuals | PRO-MIX

i've been wanting to try the promix for a while now, but i get Sunshine #4 at a really good price for around here.. and my grow store buddy hooked me up with another local company that does an interesting mix especially for MJ :) i'll be trying it shortly.

This is how the meeting with h.depoo went... Pro~mix... We got em all, Promix HP, BX, BRK, HPCC, We got em with Mycorrhizae, We got Biofungicide, Biostimulant. We got everything you need! How many can I write you down for?
H.Depoo.....Geez, my head hurts.... just make us an 'All Purpose Growing Mix'
Pro~Mix...just make you an All Purpose Growing Mix?
H.Depoo....YES!
Pro~mix...Fine!

And that's how I got the All purpose growing mix from h.depoo :rofl:

LoL all i got to say, didnt expect this thread to actually grow biger then 1 page but yey it did. So i wrote a contact form with my question to promix let see what they answer i will keep you guy updated about it.

Regardless i kinda like a company that make different product lines for different products.
lets just say the HP is good for beginners that dont want to spend time and money on ph meter that would go good with sensi grow ph perfect formula and they wouldn't really have to worry about anything. maybe im wrong but im a noob and thats what i did expect i do have the fancy toys and meters but regardless it suppose to make an easy grow +-

Please correct me if im wrong as im using this setup id like to know lol.

p.s So So Sorry for my bad english

Back
Top Bottom