Moisture and pH meter

Bacondoggy

Don't make fun of me bc I got a light/ph/humidity sensor (this is my 1st grow I don't want to screw something simple or easily overlooked up. I had seen a a temp/humidity for just the air, but I thought this one looked a lot nicer and is cheaper at only $9, and uses no batteries. I know it differs from strain to strain, but what is the average moisture / ph we want for our plants? The back has a chart (see pictures) but cannabis is obviously not on it. All plants are 4-8. Do you want more or less in the seedling stage, when transplanted, more or less moisture? What about average ph? I say these numbers bc I don't know if they are standard or just for this model meter. It says 3.5 acidic and goes to 8 (alkaline).

(Says nothing on chart about ph, and I'm not concerned about light, I assume that's lumens but we need all the light and then some, and I don't know how much or little moisture we need)
These their own made up numbers or standard? What ph/moisture I need during seedlkng, then transplant and veg, and bloom?

420-magazine-mobile1871322865.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1308795193.jpg

You don't use those numbers.

Those are nice to have to confirm suspicions but not used for proper watering.

There are many factors involved like type of soil blend and size of pot and room temps and air flows and light PAR...but in general in a good setup in the very early parts of growth it gets watered about once every 2 weeks. then about once a week through most of veg.

In bloom you will want to speed it up a bit.

But the reason you wont need the meter is you want to wait to water in Veg until the plants shows signs of lack of water. It will make the plant grow faster, stronger and a bigger root mass. So you water it properly with a good amount of run off (around 15%) so the whole thing is wet and leave it until it is dry.

Mid way through bloom the root ball stops developing and at that point you can start watering more frequently and not let it droop.

You don't use those numbers.

Those are nice to have to confirm suspicions but not used for proper watering.

There are many factors involved like type of soil blend and size of pot and room temps and air flows and light PAR...but in general in a good setup in the very early parts of growth it gets watered about once every 2 weeks. then about once a week through most of veg.

In bloom you will want to speed it up a bit.

But the reason you wont need the meter is you want to wait to water in Veg until the plants shows signs of lack of water. It will make the plant grow faster, stronger and a bigger root mass. So you water it properly with a good amount of run off (around 15%) so the whole thing is wet and leave it until it is dry.

Mid way through bloom the root ball stops developing and at that point you can start watering more frequently and not let it droop.
Look I stuck it in my manure. It's wet. I understand that your saying but moisture works. Depending on where the tips are, moisture is divded in a sliding pin indicating wet moist or dry. So it would be ideal ago war down in dry the plant needs to gt met b4 watering it... and I doubt u want the soil "wet" unless fast draining material

But it is a 7 for ph (alkaline). What should it be around and will perlite help ph? If not and it needs to go acidic what do I get lyme??? Lol

420-magazine-mobile300718168.jpg

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

Perlite will help drain.
I had to order everything nothing was simple. Im still not up. Over perlite lol good luck im new also very excited and lately bummed out over nothing local.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

I heard 5.7 is optional for our plants

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

Back
Top Bottom