Nutrient confusion

Bacondoggy

With all the different types out there, it's easy how a noob lie me could burn their plants. I bought a .5.5.5 (npk) cow manure bag of miracle grow pearlite (it says "enriched with mg plant food" - see picture for fertilizer ingredients). I was going to mix it like 50 50 with the manure for the seedlings - should I put anything else in like peat or vermiculite (what is the difference between peat and vermiculite)? Do I have to worry about the added "food" from the pearlite as to not burn the seedlings? I know I don't want to hear it, but I was looking at lowes and wal mart, they each had random types of soil, none u could find aside from miracle grow products, I was interested in the miracle grow all organic (brown striping all over the bag), and a nourish or hydrate (blue striping all over the bag - both seemed fairly new products) in that it had peat (i think, if not I assume peralite or vermiculite) and cocoa in it I was interested in the cocoa)seemed like 1 of each would have been awesome to mix, but I have a budget (manure/compost all natural but feeds continuously for 3 months but is only (npk) .5.5.5. That was 1 cu ft. For $4.98

For wal mart, they had a BIG (TO ME ANYWAY, what's normal size) bag - 5#'s - of earthworm casings, and it was ground up fine. I think under $5. At Lowes they had 2 things that crossed my mind I felt like I wanted these things but I dunno why but they were expensive - MG vermiculite 4.29 same price as the pearlite, bone meal, some other meal, a ton of all types of soil, other things caught my eye was some type of fish fertilizer. Seemed kinda expensive, after I knew an old head grower who swore by his secret being he would take a water spray bottle and mix it in with fish emulsifier (or liquid in a can of tune each SAVE IT), and spray it on your plants, it being the emulsifier but mostly water. I think he did it 3 times a day and they woukd grow like an inch a day! So I can't justify buying that if I can get the other stuff for cheap maybe free... should I buy any of this stuff, and if so why? I don't even have seeds yet, but would the peralite with the soil be ok enough to grow or does vermiculite (what is it how does it compare to cocoa and peat... and perlite?)?sorry lots of questions and am excited

420-magazine-mobile225003733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom