What method of training or trimming is this?

Connerkent

Hey everyone, I came across a thread with Heath Robinson's Aeroflo grow. I too have been growing in an aeroflo 60 but have been using every other chamber so thirty plants and growing them bigger and bushier. I was wondering what technique he uses and if there is a name for it? I believe he is just trimming all lateral node growth and keeping all the fan leaves to make what seems to be huge baseball bat buds. Thank you guys for any advice I would like to give this method a shot.

Those are clones, done in sea of green.
Abit of lollipoping is the technic you are looking for:
Lollipopping is a method used to remove excess growth off of your plant. Usually performed two weeks after the turn (turn: switch in a plant's light cycle from vegetative at 18 hours to flower at 12 hours).

Hope it helps
Good luck

Those are clones, done in sea of green.
Abit of lollipoping is the technic you are looking for:
Lollipopping is a method used to remove excess growth off of your plant. Usually performed two weeks after the turn (turn: switch in a plant's light cycle from vegetative at 18 hours to flower at 12 hours).

Hope it helps
Good luck

Thanks Baron! Appreciate the response. I definitely heard of lollipopping but I always thought it was leaving at least 2-4 lateral nodes he just has one cola. Maybe I just didn't research lollipopping enough as my friend is the one who gave the information I know.

When I do the trimming at two weeks of flower for the method do I trim all later nodes at once or a few prior to two weeks flower. Also would some of what I trim at that time be big enough to clone?

- Ck

Glad i could be of some help. As i said these were clones, so side branches didnt have time to be developped into fully functional good yielding branches, therefor they were chopped off( any little branch, those placed under upper branches.... Anything with little to no yield is chopped off).
It takes some grows to master any technique, so i suggest going slowly till you get more familiar with technics and specific strain.
Some strains dont respond well to heavy pruning or any other stressful technics, take the time to know your plant.
There are plenty of good videos on youtube explaining which branch/leaves should be pruned to give you a quick guidline, watch some and then start. I think you have put alot of time/money/effort in growing your ladies, so dont risk if you aint sure, you can always chop more if you feel like it but you cant paste the chopped leaves/branches.
All said dont hesitate to cut the lower weak branches.

Good luck and enjoy the most exciting part of your grow :)

For sure man :) appreciate it! Ive been attempting this method in an aeroflo 30 as a practice and just popped 30 candyland clones in which in just a few days exploded with growth. Do you know at about what height I should flip them to flowering using this technique. I'll upload some pics when I get home if your interested man.

-Ck

I would love to see them :)
I never tries anything but soil. I did never dare to change from what i have done for years, except for nutes, i cant risk 50 + plants with somethimg i dont master, and dont have time to run an experiment beside my grow.
For clones i always give them few days, normaly few wks(around 2wk) for the roots to form and then switch to flower(i use voodoo but any other root accelerator do the same). The goal is normally not to grow them big, in your case idk. The bigger they get/the better root system they creat, the more bud you get.depends on your space, patience,....
Looking forward to see your little ladies :)

Right on. Well Sometimes change can be good! But you know what they say, if it ain't broken... Anyway if I was doing soil I probably wouldn't switch either. Actually thinking of learning soil haha. Started in Hydro and just stayed there but now that I have more space soil seems very pleasant to me and a lot more natural for cannabis.

As for when to flip them your right definitely don't want them to get too big just want to SOG them but make sure I don't flip when they are too small haha.

First timer at uploading pics so lets see if it goes through.
These are Candyland about 5 days in Aeroflo. Stems are a little purple from super cold temps (Heater skipped a beat for a few nights but solved). Plus Leaves healing from a bit of Ph burn.. Fixed (meter was off by .8!). Anyway all fixed and still grew pretty fast.

Root Shots at 5 days in.

IMG_6764_zpsggmzqzd6.jpg

Also its funny you mentioned not growing them out a lot in the flo. I never do and always lollipopped them with 3-4 nodes but my partner wanted to see how big of a difference it would be to just grow them out and then flip after a good amount of veg time (3 weeks) and see if it lessens yield. HE thought it would not ( I did). I can already tell it does just by looking at this pic from halfway in flower. It's just so inefficient with the lack of light penetration to the lower buds that should have all been trimmed of haha. The growth was so inconsistent we didn't even bother trellising them.
IMG_6772_zpsgkwq901t.jpg

Last but not least my newest little girl (Abusive Strain) Going to DWC test with heavy scrogging :)
Very young and germinated the rest were from clones.

Cheers
-Ck

Also the original video I posted of Heath Robinsons grow was taken down and I understand why. Here are some screen shots to show new viewers what I mean in the First post.

Hey everyone. Just seeing if anyone knows about what height he flipped them in to flowering? A foot more or less? My ladies are growing so fast in the aeroflo and I dont want to flip them too late. Any input is greatly appreciated

- Ck

Seems like he flipped them right after the first pic to me. The second pic shows considerable stretch and buddage. The third pic is them filling in.

My buddy ran a 4x8 table with 92 clones and flipped them at around 6-8 inches. Each clone produced a single bud that ranged from 24 grams to over an ounce.

I don't like hydro weed though so I was never super impressed. It was more about money for him and he made a shed load.

Seems like he flipped them right after the first pic to me. The second pic shows considerable stretch and buddage. The third pic is them filling in.

My buddy ran a 4x8 table with 92 clones and flipped them at around 6-8 inches. Each clone produced a single bud that ranged from 24 grams to over an ounce.

I don't like hydro weed though so I was never super impressed. It was more about money for him and he made a shed load.

Thanks Drcannabi. Mine are almost 13" already lol... do you think it's too late to flip ot for the single bud method? Also does your friend or the guy in this video cut off he side branched a year two weeks into flower part all? It definitely looks like he cut them completely off.

-Ck

I think that behavior is more related to the strain. Not all strains are viable for sea of green. I'd flip yours immediately. If it doesn't behave like you'd expect tru another strain known for being a sea of green candidate.

Back
Top Bottom