Running MH with HPS during flower

rillos

Does anybody add it or should I just go all HPS. I have a 600w and 400w in hoods running through a charcoal air filter.
20160604_185501.jpg
20160606_180313.jpg
:thanks:

Go for it rillos!

I veg under a 400W MH retro bulb that works in an HPS ballast then when I flip I fire up another 400 Super hps or SolarMax until stretch is over then swap out the MH bulb for one of the hps for the rest of the flowering. The mh helps reduce the stretch while giving the plants lots of blue to help with all the extra plant material being formed.

:peace:

Go for it rillos!

I veg under a 400W MH retro bulb that works in an HPS ballast then when I flip I fire up another 400 Super hps or SolarMax until stretch is over then swap out the MH bulb for one of the hps for the rest of the flowering. The mh helps reduce the stretch while giving the plants lots of blue to help with all the extra plant material being formed.

:peace:

That's what I was thinking that there were some benefits.

I do the same as OMU. Use a 1000w mh through the first stretch then switch to 1000w hps for the remainder. Are you planing on using mh/hps combo for the entire flower? What are you growing?

I was going to switch after the stretch but I wanted to know if there is any benefit to keeping the MH in.

I was going to switch after the stretch but I wanted to know if there is any benefit to keeping the MH in.

I think dual spectrum is way better. That way you will have an even light everywhere (spectrum) but keeping a MH near a HPS you will have 1 thing on the middle (hps+mh), on the side near the hps it will be hps light and on the mh side of the room you will have mh light. This is from the top of my head... but makes sense, right?

Back
Top Bottom