First try with TurboKlone T48 no roots

Jmarks300

I'm using a 4x4 grow tent with a 400 watt light 4-5' away a/c keeps the room at 73 degrees I'm on day 6 with no sign of roots been keeping the ph between 5.5-6.3 adjusting to 5.5 with ph down.. turboKlone t48 with humidity dome I have a few pictures new to this website trying to figure out how to post pictures to this thread and how long it normally takes to see roots start

I have never used a TurboKlone, but I think I can help. I use a very simple method that involves splitting the stem at the bottom, applying Clonex, then popping the clone into a Rapid Rooter. I cover this whole setup with a Mason jar and put it in my veg tent. I have roots showing through the Rapid Rooter on day 9. It's a low cost method and I have had 100% success.

I've found that adjusting the PH makes them take longer to root. My tap water comes out around 5.8 so I don't have to mess with it. One important thing that makes a big difference for me is to change the water on the second and fourth day. Depending on the strain, I usually have roots on day five.

I use Clonex gel. Make sure to have at least one node below the puck. I threw an air stone in my reservoir. That reduced rooting time and really helps me out when the summer heat kicks in.

Day 6 pics I might try changing to fresh solution hope they aren't screwed already
420-magazine-mobile1914348393.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1387307171.jpg
420-magazine-mobile383806825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 7. I scraped the lower portion of the stem before inserting them in the cloner.. Just noticed the lower part of the stems turning brownish and narrowing.. Noticed the sprouts coming from some of the nodes though
420-magazine-mobile135869583.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1912133759.jpg

There you go! :cheer:

I do one thing slightly different then you. Not sure if it really matters or not, just how I do it. Your pic #2. Looks like you have the terminal cuts around 1" above the node. I make a 45 degree cut right below the node. Nodes are where the first roots emerge.

Yours are looking good bud. It takes some patience but once the roots emerge it comes on fast.

Just something else to mention as summer is upon us; keep your reservoir water at a decent temp. Anything abouve 73 or so degrees starts breeding nasty root rot causing crap. I get issues almost every summer. Clonex Rez Clear doesn't work too well for me. Frequent water changes and putting a large air stone in the reservoir is what did it for me.

:thumb:

Thanks man this was my first shot at cloning now that I've seen the roots form I'm definitely going to make the cuts closer to the node next time.. Kinda looks like some root rot stem rot on the lower portion kinda wondering if I should cut them again below where the roots are showing to get rid of some of that I did add some regen a root supposed to help root structure and fight root rot definitely a learning curve on the first go
420-magazine-mobile1556876008.jpg

Day 10 update::: changed the water solution in turboKlone with clonex and regen a root 5.5 ph
420-magazine-mobile1619334425.jpg
420-magazine-mobile281490914.jpg

I don't ph my water at all. But Gresham has great water ph wise and ppm. I have the smaller tubro cloner and I love it. That fan helps temps stay lower for sure. Alot of strains take even longer to root than what you got. Good job,,,, Keepem Green

You ever want to try a different cloning solution check into Vitagrow. Stuff will root a pop-cycle stick. And is real cost effective. I've tried alot of gels, and powders, but now I won't waste my time with others. GL with your new babies. I have the 24 unit which I'm just fixxing to transplant. 22 good cuts, 1 didn't make it, and 1 I'm going to cull due to problems. Still not bad return. I don't split mine just cut a 45 degree cut beneath a leaf node and then I do a lite scraping just above the 45 degree cut. Not to deep just a alittle. I did try splitting the stem, I know it works but mine all got a slime on where I split her. Could've been alot of reasons but I haven't got the slime again since.
Keepem Green

Been busy the last few days but here's an update 100% success rate in the turboKlone great product that I'd highly recommend
420-magazine-mobile1920768097.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1137051757.jpg
420-magazine-mobile621536476.jpg

Outdoor/indoor grow just switching things over to 12/12 plants are looking good having a problem getting rid of spider mites what's your favorite bug spray or tactic to get rid of these pests.. Things are cooling down and getting wet it was time to bring them in under the lights

420-magazine-mobile2076832586.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1251714397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile77371303.jpg

My best results where achieved with PermaCLone collars (they're microwave steirlizable) and their technique which they outline in their manual and blog post...all about keeping sterile and using water soluble hormones.

The 3 Reasons Cloners Fail

– PermaClone

Sterilizable Collars? ...PermaClone has your answers!

Advanced Aeroponic Cloning -- THE SECRETS!

– PermaClone

Take the time and read their suggestions. I clone with confidence now! ...and I've spent years struggling w/ random results. NOw EVERY run I get bad ASS roots!

Back
Top Bottom