New grower please help

triggz2k15

Hi there everyone first time posting hear and first time grower. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips for me. I currently have a 1x1x2m budbox tent, a sol digital 400w digital ballast that can be set to 250w 275w and ovb 400w. Also I got a sol digital dual spectrum 400w bulb that works well with the ballast, so I'm told. I have a rhino carbon filter and in line rvk fan. The light is on rope ratchets for easy lower and raising, it is only in a cheap hood. Currently saving for a better reflector. I'm going to growing in plant magic plus in 2 gallon airpots. I also have a 6inch fan for the Base of the tent to create wind for the plants. Going with pm old timer grow and bloom, and have a ph kit just in case. I have a temp and humidity monitor as well so have them on point. I have brought four feminised wwxbb from fs, and they are germed already and in 1 litre pots in a seedling dome to keep humidity around 70 %. What I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips for improving. or if anyone thinks I have missed anything please any comments or suggestions or even criticism are more than welcome and many thanks in advance. Peace love and respect.

Sounds ok.

Pics always help to see how you have set things out.

Get yourself an EC/PPM meter and a PH meter, that way you will know exactly what your are feeding plants and it will give you much better results than just following bottles blindly.

Cheap open hoods are fine. I used cooltubes on a large scale for years. I got rid of them all a year ago and I will never go back to them. They are unnecessary and don't make a huge diff to temps, are much more likely to create a smell leak, affect yield and quality and you encounter more mould due to the glass filtering out light spectrums.

400w hps will be fine in that space. Id run no more than 4 plants but id use bigger pots, 12litre plus would be better. Make sure you have an oscillating fan running in the tent and extract away from the tent so you aren't recycling warm air. No need for an intake fan, just make sure there is adequate ventilation for air to be pulled through tent by the extraction fan....

Spend a little time researching training plants. LST is best, in simple terms its just bending branches to create bushier plants. Pruning is really important for airflow and bigger yields, its really simple and it gets neglected a lot. make sure the bottom 1\3 of plant is stripped bare of fan leaves and scrawny branches a day or 2 before flipping to flower, then repeat again around day 21 of flower.

I have loads of grows in my signature, although they are coco and hydro the principals remain the same for all grows.

Good ventilation, quality growing medium, quality base nutrient, a good light source, good air movement and KEEP IT SIMPLE....

Good luck, hope this helps.

hey cultivator,
Thanks for the quick reply, very grateful. I have been reading on lst a lot and I'm liking the sound so far. I will try to get pics uploaded too. I started off a couple of bag seeds when the set 1st arrived and while I was still researching what strain to go for. I have been practicing the lst method on those. try to get pics soon. thanks triggz.

here are afew pics I snapped try to show how iv put up the carbon filter and lights and then you can see the couple of bag seeds that I topped at the 6th node and the started lst, I have 9.5 litre airpots so all the holes down the sides make it easy to tie off lol. so do you think 9.5l (2gal) air pots are big enough? I was going to get bigger originally but heard with air pots the plant makes more use off the whole pot and thus meaning not such a large volume been needed for the plant overall? any input into this would be appreciated. still not sure if the two in pics are male or female, I'm swinging more towards male from the pre flower and what iv read online, but as this is my 1st grow and still new to this I'm going to give it abit longer to see if I get pistils coming out. the four little pots u can see in pics are my wwxbb. 2 have popped out the soil and waiting on the other 2. had 100% germ rate with them which was surprised about, not complaining though :). if the bagseeds turn to be female they will be going to a friends to finish as I want the tent for my four wwxbb. How long do u suggest I leave the seedlings in the little pots I believe they are 1 litre. Many thanks in advance. Peace Love and Respect.

The air pots are a pain because they leak liquid out when you water/feed. I prefer fabric smart pots. but 9.5l should be ok. I used to always use smaller pots but my veg times were very short, now i much prefer larger pots. plants look healthy, can't tell what sex they are. best way to tell is when you flip them to flower. males show much faster and you will know the diff because the have little peas everywhere.

yeah I found out the hard way the air pots lol, I know its abit of a pain when watering because of the over spill. Am I correct in thinking they will dry out quicker than reg pots because of the extra holes? Also if they are going to dry out quicker am I wright in thinking I cant feed every time I water, as I will be watering more often to make up for the drying out? Sorry I know so many questions are annoying, cheers for your time and answering me. Thanks, they do seem healthy as far as I can tell. For the wwxbb at this early stage of seedling do you think its ok to be under my light? I have turned it down to 275w on the ballast, and as I said before I have a sol digital bulb so shouldn't affect to bad and get dimness. cant wait for the wwxbb to come through, as these are feminised so I know I'm not wasting any time or money :). Peace Love and Respect.

Cheers marley, that's a really good idea. Never thought about that one :). Do you only keep clingy on for watering? Peace Love and Respect.

No problems. Try not to interfere with the plants too much, most people make the mistake of always wanting to be doing something. just let them grow and from time to time bend them. ;)

Literally my problem. I check my plants like every hour lol This is my first grow as well, what can i say ? Im excited lol
Good luck! :thumb:

I know very tempting thumbs lol. I feel ur need to be doing something, but in this case I believe less is more. So I heard anyway lol still finding out for myself. Are u going to do a grow journal? I was thinking of starting one for my wwxbb.

Yeah thats what ive been hearing a lot as well. Growing self control along with this pot ;)
And yeah im gonna start one very soon. I havent done anything yet but plant them, so Im gonna start one after the first watering. I wanna clone this plant too so I know a journal on the strain would be prime.
How old are your plants ?

Hey there again everyone,

Thought I'd just put up a couple more pics to show the progress on the LST.
Hope you all enjoy :)
20160713_211354.jpg
20160713_211418.jpg
20160713_211411.jpg

Can also see where topping worked on both and 2 colas have appeared from the top. ;)

Triggz.
Peace Love and respect.

Back
Top Bottom