3 weeks 12/12 and no sign of sex or flowering

trevally90

Plant is nearly 3 weeks into 12/12 and I still can't tell the sex. Can you tell by looking? And I read everywhere 7-14 days before flowers/sexing. I'm 19 days now. 12/12 and pitch black no light leaks at all.

47 days old. Topped it.

day471.JPG

She just may still be to young to show sex or even begin to start to flower. so you flipped them around day 20 something? You can flip whenever , but being that young when you flipped it may take a lot longer than normal to show flowers

Cheers guys. I went to 12/12 after week 4 but I count days from the day I planted the seed. So if I only counted days since it first sprouted that would be 21 days. You've reassured me not to panic yet. Thanks. I'll let you know.

Oh- it's only 21 days old then- they usually take roughly a month to reach maturity and before that they can't start to flower no matter what lighting schedule they're on.

It's a girl! It showed a few days ago at the 4 weeks 12/12 mark. It took a while but a good result at least. These crowns have evened out nicely too. I have a question. I re-potted it in a 12" pot yesterday. I was going to pull these branches down so light gets to the centre and I could lower the light a little. A good idea?

day562.JPG

Bend the end of a wire at 180° and hook it under the lip on the pot. Gently bend one branch down and then bend the other end of the wire over it. You'll want something coated so the metal isn't touching the plant. They make special rubber coated gardening wire specifically for this purpose, or you could use string. I prefer wire because you can make small adjustments without having to redo anything. Want it to pull the branch down a bit further? Just take 3 fingers and bend the wire into a "V".

Ideally it would have been trained into the desired shape from a younger age. Those branches look pretty thick, so you may not be able to bend them much.

Another thing to do in the next grow is to transplant into the final pot a week or two before going 12/12. Transplanting can stress the plant, if you do it in veg all you can do is slow the growth. You want to avoid all stress possible during flower.

Thanks Buds. I just got some paper clips and they fit over the lip of the pot perfectly and will provide good tying points. I got cotton string too which is softer but still I don't want to use it. I can see it cutting into the branch. I think I'll get the coated wire or use strips of material, that would be the less damaging I think. No worries. The branches seem to have some flex so I might give it a go. I was tossing up whether it was worth it for the bottom of the plant.

And yeah I didn't realise there'd be so many roots for a small plant and I'd get through in an 8". Nope. Next time in a 12 by flowering. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom