Cayenne pepper & slimmed milk?

Smoke204

I was watching the latest episode of Weediquette the other day and what the grower in the show said caught me by surprise. He said he didn't use pesticides on his plants but rather he said he used cayenne peppers and skimmed milk. Are there any in the group that do this and if so what does what? I'm curious because they didn't go into detail on the show.

re: Cayenne pepper & slimmed milk?

I've heard of cayenne pepper, rubbing alcohol, and something else. Quite a few people have had problems with damage to the plants from mixing it wrong. There's no way in hell I'd spray milk on my plants. Ever let a glass of milk sit out? Your grow room will smell like that. And I can't imagine it being good for the plants.

If you have pests, I'd use neem oil.

re: Cayenne pepper & slimmed milk?

No, I don't have any pests. Last grow had a gnat problem but that was remedied. It's just that I've never heard of the two methods nor can I find anything online other than cayenne is good for keeping ants away allegedly but ants are not a problem.

Hey, there..... interestingly enough, I had some of the same curiosities.... I think I can see where this could have come from... There are several home remedies recipes for pesticides, one of which is a homemade 1. pepper pesticide, typically made with; castile soap... one supplement for castile soap is goats milk..... maybe a combination of diluted skim milk(goat milk substitute) combined with chile powder or cayenne pepper....

Just an observation.... now dish soap could be substituted, in my opinion, but plants so absorb water and nutrients..... maybe the leche gives some sweet flavor........

As far as the smell..... How much and how often would you actually spray this.... It's only used on a as needed basis. not all the time.....

just my opinions.....

Source
1. 8 natural & homemade insecticides to save your garden without killing the Earth : TreeHugger

I assume the milk was being used as a fungicide, probably for PM, perhaps diluted and sprayed. Or was the person pouring it out of the container into the soil, lol? I don't think it's going to kill any bugs (feed them, maybe). Although at the rate we allow (by continuing to buy their products) farmers to shoot up the animals with stuff, maybe it does kill pests, lofl.

i assume the milk was being used as a fungicide, probably for pm, perhaps diluted and sprayed. Or was the person pouring it out of the container into the soil, lol? I don't think it's going to kill any bugs (feed them, maybe). Although at the rate we allow (by continuing to buy their products) farmers to shoot up the animals with stuff, maybe it does kill pests, lofl.

lol,,,,

I'm always looking for a quick solution to this problem.... Can you comment, Tortured Soul about an easy spray bottle type solution to spray the ladies that doesn't put them into a burned distressed growth stunned coma?

Thanks....
H-Town ....

I used to spray Ms. Boo with some-- wait... Are you speaking about your plants?

I searched the interwebs and found the following for tomatoes which may shed some light on its use:

Q: Our problem–early and late blight on our tomato plants. I planted disease-resistant seed and sprayed with liquid copper, but I have had limited success. I still lose about half of my plants by August. What can I do?

A: There are two things that I want you to try–first, mix 1 tbsp. of bleach in 1 qt. of warm water, and spray it over every 100 sq. ft. of garden area as soon as the temperature gets to 50ºF. Then wait 3 weeks, and plant. As soon as buds form, overspray the plants with a mixture of 1 part skim milk and 1 part anti-transpirant to 9 parts of warm water, or apply a commercial fungicide listed for use on tomatoes regularly at the recommended rate. Try either one–both should keep the blight away.

Skim milk provides active milk cultures for needed bacteria & enzymes. pepper is for pests. This is normally used during flowering. The sugars from the milk provides carbohydrates. Which builds larger and more dense buds. The milk will not make you plants or your grow area smell like spoiled milk. I actually use Greek yogurt because it just works better. A light sprinkle of the pepper on the very edge away from your roots as much as possible. Very little is needed. Those mites do venture down to the dirt. When they do and they come into contact, that be the end of them and no more will be replacing them.

I was watching the latest episode of Weediquette the other day and what the grower in the show said caught me by surprise. He said he didn't use pesticides on his plants but rather he said he used cayenne peppers and skimmed milk. Are there any in the group that do this and if so what does what? I'm curious because they didn't go into detail on the show.
Canabis, tomatoes among other plants use calcium during the fruiting stage of growth. It is not new to cut a feeder vine and place it in a saucer of milk or injecting it straight into a vine of watermelon strange but true. The calcium helps with uptake of nutrients which alows for healthier bigger plants. Please don't quote me on this, I'm stoned and regurgitating things of heard and seen along the way.

Canabis, tomatoes among other plants use calcium during the fruiting stage of growth. It is not new to cut a feeder vine and place it in a saucer of milk or injecting it straight into a vine of watermelon strange but true. The calcium helps with uptake of nutrients which alows for healthier bigger plants. Please don't quote me on this, I'm stoned and regurgitating things of heard and seen along the way.
Hey @Amber Trichomes hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Unfortunately that thread is from 2017 and you may not get a reply.
Try posting here meet everyone and say hi.:ciao:
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom