First Grow - Fear Mold during drying

FeloniousPunk

Hi Friends,

Plants have been cut down and hung over the last 2 weeks. The earliest cuttings have been drying for 2 full weeks now.

These first cuttings are not dry yet. Our weather has been damp and doesn't look to get any better.

The plants are hung in the shed. It has good air circulation. But I am at the mercy of mother nature and fear mold will develop. Is there anything I can do to prevent mold in this circumstance?

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

Plants have been cut down and hung over the last 2 weeks. The earliest cuttings have been drying for 2 full weeks now.

These first cuttings are not dry yet. Our weather has been damp and doesn't look to get any better.

The plants are hung in the shed. It has good air circulation. But I am at the mercy of mother nature and fear mold will develop. Is there anything I can do to prevent mold in this circumstance?

Thanks.
Did you trim before hanging? For drying you want between 50% and 60% humidity and around 60-70 degrees is optimal.

If they are still moist you could put them in a brown paper bag to dry. Now you want to open the bags a couple times a day to allow an air exchange in them.

We have ours hang for a week at the most but that's inside a tent with 60% humidity.

I'm hanging at roughly 55% RH / 55 F degrees. Smaller branches dry over about 5 days. Bigger branches/buds take a week.
I'd be worried too if mine were still wet after two weeks.
IDK what to suggest except adding a fan for a little more air flow, if possible. I'm assuming you can't add a dehuey.
I've never gotten mold...yet. I'm pushing my luck this year. I have some dense buds still outdoors. Rain for days with RH in the 90%'s most of each day. I'm thinking our current cool weather is helping keep the mold away. Even that changes in two days, going back into the 70's.

:goodluck:

I have several trim styles on this grow.

The 2 week old ones were probably over trimmed. They should dry the quickest. The others have short or long sugar leaves on them depending on how I tried to trim them. The longest sugar leaves I barely trimmed while the others got a more aggressive trim.

I just took down the buds from 2 weeks ago and took them off their stalks. I put them in a mason jar to see their humidity level. After 15 minutes the gauge is reading 71%. I will monitor them overnight.

Thanks.

Thanks Friends,

Took the one and two week old plants inside. My Hygrometer arrived yesterday. It was a big help.

After paper bagging the 2 week olds, they are slightly on the dry side (55%). The one week olds are slightly damp (65%). I've got them in jars and may have to move them back to paper bags. I will monitor and move or burp as necessary. I got some of those Boveda 62 packs to help out.

Thanks again!.

I'll probably bring the others in this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom