First grow ever - Help me have some fun with your XP!

bakedbacon

Hello everyone,
I'm about to start my first grow ever, but everything here is expensive, from common materials to LEDs and the energy bill.

So. I want to make things cheap, automated and as reliable as possible with the least amount of money.

My ideas so far (some questions in between):
1 - I have an arduino that I intend to use to monitor and control the water, lights, PH and PPM.
A friend gave it to me an Arduino after I helped him with his school project about automation controlling some lights and sensors through the browser using a 'webserver' inside the Arduino - I can program a bit. I will buy some sensors + spares from EBay. Buying a timer too for the first days and to used be as a backup for the Arduino until I fix all the software bugs. General notes on this? Anyone experienced to give me some advice here?

2 - I will buy chinese LEDs from EBay too to save some money.
Buying the LEDs as close as possible to the ones reviewed in Youtube by some electrical engineers and other smart guys. I will grow some small-sized strain (What is the best seed today for a 60cmx60cmx170cm - 2''x2''x5,5'' growbox?). And I want to use some LEDs, something between 100W and 300W (3x100W or 6x50W - the lower wattage LEDs sometimes have better quality and durability), any recommendations? Comments on light?

3 - Ultrasonic Fogger/Mister
Another catch here is the power supply, can I use a PC Power Supply? I mean... I know I can, but do I need to put a resistor somewhere... What is the catch? Just use the 12V trail and keep it below levels defined by the manufacturer (usually ~130W for cheap power supplies) ?

4 - Aeroponics using ultrasonic fogger, also from EBay.
I read some reviews about an small ultrasonic fogger and the water mist seems to be amazing.
The review was nice and the guy said that the waters temp did not raise too.

Any comments on this? Well built tutorial and guides closer to my future-build? Some important note or comment?

P.S.: I know people say that aeroponics are not for begginers, but I will give it a shot, Im confident that I will learn fast with my errors.

X.BOX: Help me out with your knowledge, help me have some fun and success like you guys do!

Back
Top Bottom