Moving a planted flowering girl inside?

HemiSync

I have a photo girl that was started in a 3 gallon fabric pot in a greenhouse and during preflower was planted in a nice sunny location outside still in the fabric pot. These fabric pots are the type that won't last more than about 18 months outside. I am sure this girl has probably grown through it during her time in the ground. She has now shown this beautiful purple pheno that her sister has not and I would like to preserve it. In addition, it's getting really cold here (35-60f) so she won't live much longer outside and could go a few more days but snow is coming.

So here is my question. lol Has anyone ever tried digging up an outside girl and bring it inside during full bloom?

My idea is too dig her up preserving as much as the rootball as possible, put her in a drain tray and bringing her inside. Allow her to warm up slowly over a day or so to see if that helps resin production increase if it does let her go a few more days before the chop. in addition, I would like to try and get her to reveg by throwing the lower section after the chop into a Veg tent to see if I can get her to reveg enough to cut a clone.

Am I completely nuts?

IT can be done with a lot of BE CAREFUL!!
Yes it will be an adventure. Figure the worse that can go wrong is I have to chop her down. That was going to be the plan from the beginning until I had this crazy thought. I would think that the bulk of the roots should still be inside that fabric pot with lots of feeders coming through it. Going to try digging about a foot around where I know the pot is and see if I can lift her out. One way or the other I will at least get some part of her to reveg, get some clones, spray one down with Collodial Silver, and make some feminized seeds of this purple pheno. In addition, she is the only outdoor photoperiod girl I had this year that had zero mold/bud rot issues. So want to keep her around just for growing outside in this area.

sending-good-vibes.gif

Well she came out of the ground today and went into the fruit cellar losing only one lower branch. I was freaking amazed. I started about 2 feet away from where I knew the original fabric pot was and using a spade stated loosening the soil. By the time I went all the way around her you could clearly see the fabric pot still intact. I decided what the heck and gave the base a tug and the entire root ball came out if the ground and into a five gallon pot. The roots that came out the side of the fabric are very quit small compared to the tap root that came through the bottom.

Put the bucket in a tray and gave her a good feeding of pHed molasses water and turned out the light and locked her in the cellar. I will leave her in the warm dark for a couple days and see what happens.

:bravo: Usually it "doesn't matter" if a little of the outer roots are cut off. In this case, since she is in flower, it is more tricky.
You had an emergency move, nothing else could be done, YOU MADE IT HAPPEN an by the sound of it, you did a good job too:thumb:
Good call to keep her in dark to rest a little. She is healthy looking so I think she will pull through pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom