Runoff pH is very high

i have never posted to a forum before, very new gardener here, plants are really not happy.
leaves are twisting and curling very oddly, tips are drawn down, leaves are curling along the length like a canoe.
H2O going into unmodified FF Happy Frog soil is Ph 5.9 to 6.3, why is runoff Ph 7.6 to 8.0 ?
what other obvious factors should i be investigating?
yeah yeah yeah, i know... i am not providing the vast amount of information required for the professionals to make a decision for me, so how about we just please keep this simple at first, ok?

Have you fed them anything yet? How old are they? Got any pics? I'm no expert but a pic would help and when in doubt flush it out and look up Deficiency charts for cannabis on Google Jorge Cervantis has a good one

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I would think you pH is too high or it's too hot.... or you need to add more Cal Mag

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thanks for the help. i will work on this and get some pictures.
to the fella that sent me a PM, i can't reply to it until i have 50 posts... but i understand your comment. no worries.

someone explained that i would get better help with pictures...

SAM_11806.JPG
SAM_11783.JPG
SAM_11806.JPG
SAM_11794.JPG
SAM_11824.JPG
SAM_11863.JPG
SAM_11874.JPG
SAM_11841.JPG
SAM_11854.JPG

Oh that kind of curling...

That looks more like Nitrogen toxicity. The leaves are also very dark green which is another indicator. Maybe a bit over-watered as well.

I know Happy Frog doesn't have a very high NPK level, what kind of nutrients are you using and how much?

You can try giving them plain water from now on for a while and see if they get better, but you might also want to leech the soil out by running water through it, use 2-3x the volume of the pot of water. Then drench with properly pH'd nutrient solution that is very, very mild, like 1/4th - 1/8th or less of the nutrient manufacturer's recommendation just to replenish the minerals and nutrients you'll be flushing out of the soil.

i am feeding FF Grow Big for vegetation stage, and Big Bloom for flower. i have followed the feed charts to the letter. i did flush the flowering plant with 7 gallons of Ph 6.8 RODI water 2 days ago. the pictures were taken the next morning after flushing. i do add Cal-Mag to my RODI water.

i am feeding FF Grow Big for vegetation stage, and Big Bloom for flower. i have followed the feed charts to the letter. i did flush the flowering plant with 7 gallons of Ph 6.8 RODI water 2 days ago. the pictures were taken the next morning after flushing. i do add Cal-Mag to my RODI water.
Me personally I watch my girls reaction when I feed. I use Happy Frog soil myself. I start out with a very low dose and next feed I increase and watch again. All 3 of my girls get different ML for feeding. My Super Silver is on the lowest dose 2.5ml, 5ml for my Cherry Pie, and 7.5ml for my Liquid Coke (she loves it!). During veg I used Bio Thrive grow (organic) and now that I flipped my light 12/12 I use Bio Thrive Bloom (organic). The one major thing I have learned is patience. (Among many many things)
Happy Growing

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

The feeding directions given on the back of nutrient bottles should almost always be cut down by 1/2. Like KushGirl said it's best to try it out in small doses. A lot of strains require less nutrition and not all of them will handle the same amount. I had a Platinum Girl Scout Cookies in with 6 Blackberry Kush plants this cycle, I gave them all the same mix in early flowering, and the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies got a very bad nitrogen deficiency ( nearly fatal ) while the Blackberry Kush plants seemed to enjoy it.

pH can still cause a toxicity though even if your nutrient levels are right, because pH effects the availability of various nutrients. In addition to that, the presence of certain nutrients in greater numbers can also increase or decrease the availability of nutrients. You mentioned purple stems for example, excessive Calcium and Magnesium can make Phosphorous less available. Purple stems are also a genetic trait of some plants.

Over-watering can also cause pH issues, and looking at your plants again I would have to guess they're over-watered. See how the spots between the veins on the leaves are very pronounced, so the leave texture is kind of like a washboard? They're also pretty droopy looking and not in a wilted manner.

This is what my Platinum Girl Scout Cookies looked like after over-watering and nitrogen over-dose...

IMG_20161027_203016.jpg
IMG_20161027_203132.jpg
IMG_20161027_203201.jpg
IMG_20161027_203112.jpg
IMG_20161027_203851.jpg

i have been watering when the weight gets below 18 pounds. when bone dry (after 4 days) she weighs 16 pounds.
i haven't watered since i flushed her out 4 days ago.
she weighs 19 pounds this morning... am I safe feeding her today or should i wait until tomorrow morning?
should i feed a reduced nutrient strength?

It is always easier to add more Nutes than trying to take away Nutes if it is too much. Kind of like if not quite the high you want take another hit, but if you past where you want to be you kinda stuck with it until it works its way out of your system ;).....so most people start lighter than what the label says (1/4-1/2 strength seems most common), as was stated above it can vary from strain to strain dramatically along with all the other random/not random variables of medium/temps/RH/gravitational pull of the moon/standing on one foot when watering/etc.. ;)

laughing at "standing on one foot..."
sooooo, do you suggest that i water now or tomorrow?

I'm still learning and it seems to be "when in doubt, wait" far as watering goes, as like most newbies I watered too much and also learned too much Nutes is worse than not having quite enough.

i have been watering when the weight gets below 18 pounds. when bone dry (after 4 days) she weighs 16 pounds.
i haven't watered since i flushed her out 4 days ago.
she weighs 19 pounds this morning... am I safe feeding her today or should i wait until tomorrow morning?
should i feed a reduced nutrient strength?
Little by little with nutes or u can nuke ur plants.

Sent from my Z963VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom