Help - What's she trying to tell me?

Imsy

So my little girl just recently within the past week, had started to show me some weird signs. I have been on YouTube, and PLENTY of other grow sites/forums (not near as AWESOME as here), studying what people have to say about the issue that she has been trying to tell me she is having.
BUUUUTTTTTTTTT..........
I'm getting ALOT of mixed feelings about narrowing it down to what I believe is the issue, which I'm inclined to think it is an "OVER WATERING" issue.

So here's the symptoms, in a nutshell:
ALOT (but not all) of her new growth has droopy leaves, from the TOPS down to 2 nodes below TOPS.
Twisted curvy leaves randomly throughout.

So for the last month of VEG, I had been feeding her my tap water (7.5PH), that I have added just enough fresh squeezed lemon juice to bring the PH down to between 6.3-6.5, but usually I get it right to 6.4PH, once every 24 hours, making sure the soil is dry'Ish everything before I water her.
So in doing that, I was sure that I was giving her sufficient water. Never thought I was even close to over saturating her to the point that she's showing signs of deficiency.
BUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT..........
I am only right about EVERYTHING that I do, think, or say, 99.725% of the time.....so I could very well have been wrong......
THUS,
leaving me here in this position, reaching out to my fellow 420Mag universe friends, looking for answers, in order to nurse her back to her healthy self!!!

PLEASE HELP ME AND MY LITTLE GIRL THROUGH OUR TROUBLED TIMES!!! (If you could)

I'll try and post pictures somewhere if I learn how.
If not, I'll be more than happy to e-mail or even text message pictures to whomever may want to take a look!

Thanks in advance!
CHEERS!!

Hi Imsy, and welcome to the site!

Pictures will certainly help users to diagnose the issues you are facing. If you need help uploading pictures, I have a video guide and a written guide in my signature. I'll post them here as well.

Uploading Photo's - A Video Guide
420 Photo Gallery Tutorial - How to Post Photos

From he information on hand, it sounds like you are over watering. Soil very rarely will need water everyday, unless you are in very warm, dry environments. I grow in soil as well and y water more than once per week in Veg. Cannabis likes consistent wet/dry cycles and does not like to have it's roots over saturated. This inhibits the amount of O2 that the roots thrive on.

Also, questions like these often get more attention in the FAQ section of the forum. No need to re-post it, I will have it moved there for you

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I'm currently using a smaller pot, the4es not very much dirt in it, so that's why I was on a daily watering cycle.
I left her alone for 2 1/2 days and when I checked her out finally, it was so badly wilted and EXTREMELY malnourished, I wasn't sure she was gonna pull back around. And that was only after 2 1/2 days.

I'm going to get a 5 gallon pail today and transplant into that.
I have a suspicion that her roots are bound and that may be why she can't take in any nutrients....?
Does that sound like it COULD be an issue? (Small pot, roots can't grow anymore, nutrient lockout?)

Suggest you let the pot fully dry out. Wait a few days then wait a couple more. You want the pot to become very light - compare its weight to same size pot with same dirt.

Another test would be to very carefully slide the root ball out of the pot. I had one once where the bottom couple inches was like wet mud. So I up potted it with lots of new out of the bag dry soil in the bottom.

Good luck

Yeah, the soil I used was the ONLY available soil to me at the time I needed to plant her. It was some 'Our Compliments Top Soil' from Sobeys that I grabbed for 2 bucks.
So needless to say, I had problems for the first month and a half, I shocked the crap out of her by messing with it everyday. It's my first indoor and I had minimal knowledge of how it just does its own thing and grows. I was looking after it like it was a newborn baby, thinking the more I baby it, the better.
Turns out that I ended up doing her more harm then good, so I let it just do its own thing and once it was left alone for 2 weeks, I noticed CONSIDERABLE daily growth (after it caught up on itself from me F****** with her way too much)

Thanks for the tips and advice.
I'll take more if you have some!
CHEERS!

Plants should never be watered every day. Read up on proper watering technique.
If a plant needs water, it will react positively, immediately (within minutes). If it doesn't, you just made the problem worse. Small amounts of water given frequently is the worst thing you can do for cannabis.
Droopy leaves = over watered
Droopy stems/branches = under watered
I'm thinking you have the beginnings of root problems down in the perched water table of the pot. Or, if the plant really does need to be watered as often as you think, it is very root bound and should not have been veg'd as long as it was, or it should be in a larger pot.

Really no such thing as "too much information" as it will help the folks that can help you out (I'm learning still so little help) as it takes out "guessing" a lot more. Thread that explains helpful info:

How to Ask for Grow Support

Still in Veg or switched to Flower? As they do stretch a bit in early Flower and can easily get taller than the space you have them in. Nutes (if any), type of light, size of space, etc.... all that info to give in that linked thread helps the folks trying to help you out, as some problems can mimic other problems and takes more of the "guessing" out of the equation. You got them that tall so doing pretty good in my mind (as always worse possible ;)), they seem pretty tall for size of pot for sure, but like I said I'm on my 2nd rodeo so still extremely clueless and I'm very little help yet.

Your 2 buck a bag soil probably doesn't have much in it for drainage...when you up pot, try and source a mix with perlite or drainage enhancer(something like pro mix or sunshine #4)...or you could always add perlite/vermiculite to a bargain bag...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom