Need a little advice - Growing in Sri Lanka

r0ac4

Hi, i have germinated (following the directions) and planted a train wreck, jack herer and an amnesia haze in a coir medium (it came with a 20-20-20 fertilizer mix - I washed out the coir medium about 50 times to try and remove the fertilizer). The train wreck did not germinate. The 2 starter leaves on the jack appeared, but turned black and fell off, it looks dead now. The Amnesia haze germinated and was planted and the outer shell fell off but no leaves are appearing, there is only a 2-3mm green pod like protuberance. Any advice on what is happening (I am thinking the coir is not such a good medium). Also if anyone has any advice on where i can get materials and nutrients in Sri Lanka, it would be greatly appreciated. And finally any suggestions on high sativa feminized breeds that would grow well outside here (waiting for the holiday sale to purchase). I am reluctant to grow indoors as electricity is quite expensive here.
Thanks in advance
ro

I would switch your medium to something more natural. Look around your area and get creative. Soil + sand + peat moss, which may or may not be lying around. Sand and soil from a fresh water stream. Peat moss should be available at a store.

transplant what you have left into the new soil and water well. But don't fertilize for 2 months. By then, you can either get some houseplant fertilizer, or mix your own from from sources in your area. (there are farmers in your area, right)

If you use cow/bull feces for fertilizer, you must mix it with soil and plant material and let it decompose for 3 to 6 months. This requires work: turning over the compost, adding earthworms, and generally keeping the compost active.

You don't have to buy everything. Be creative! :Namaste:

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am trying to use coir as peat is not readily available. I think i will try 1/3 coir, 1/3 sand, 1/3 soil (using pure coir did not work). I got a farm supply shop to make up a 5-15-14 fertilizer - i am just unsure of how much I should use, and if this formulation is any good. Any ideas?
TIA

Thanks for the note! I just finished moving house (up in the mountains now). I germinated 2 jack herer femininzed auto and planted them in 1/3 coir, 1/3 soil (have a hard red clay like dirt), 1/3 sand (from a stream). Also put 2 trainwreck to germinate at the same time as the jack but the seeds have opened and the root is visible through the crack, but is not growing. It has been 5 days, I am not sure what to do, guess just wait and see for a couple more days :)

Back
Top Bottom