LST & topping

illinoisguy21

Okay so can somebody wall me thru how to lst and when to start it? I've tried to do lst but it didn't go like the videos I've seen on YouTube lol, also can somebody tell me when I should top and how many times I can top a plant? Trying to get max yeild as I can in a grow tent that will be running 2 1200 watt king plus led lights, being grown in fox farm soil and using fox farm nutrients as well

re: LST & topping

Check out my journal called my blue cheese and cotton candy grow it's under a different user name BC I used a third party app but halfy way thru is a picture of a young LST topped plant as the same user name am guessing how long left look thru there you'll see what I am talking about

Sent from my Robin using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here I made a copy
420-magazine-mobile873273499.jpg

Okay how do I search for a journal on here? I just joined today, and in ur picture what am I suppose to be paying attention to?

You can top at the third node however its been my experience and also preference to top at the fourth it gives the plant a little more time to strengthen plus it gives you an extra node .

Technically you can top as many times as you want you will just have to compensate with a longer veg time.

Lst......just like the videos start early and veg.. Be careful not to snap or bend to forcefully and just tie it or stake it in the position you want.

The key is to control it to try to keep an even canopy. I however used lst without thinking how I actually wanted/pictured my final plant structure so just keep that in mind because when you do switch to 12/12 she will normal double in size and maybe bigger..... Happy growing

Here I made a copy
420-magazine-mobile873273499.jpg

This is the picture look at how she is tied down and also topped. I am getting all my side branches exposed to get a lot of branches to form
Okay how do I search for a journal on here? I just joined today, and in ur picture what am I suppose to be paying attention to?

I'll take another picture tonight to show you BC that is weeks old when LED and CFL only now it's HPS and LED

That would be much appreciated, correct me if I'm wrong but in ur picture I can see the one part where it's tied down, I thought when I lst I was suppose to be tying down all of the braches?

it is And isn't well see you at first I the main stop down when you are about 6 note I after that the side and should be coming supposed to keep tying the top know down as well as some of the side branches I personally only tied down about half to three quarters of the side branches and let some grow out that are shorter so that way when it's time for stretch they are all at a even canopy

It helps alot, I was reading on a site earlier about lst, when I tie down the braches do i cut the other stuff on the braches? I read somewhere it doubles everything?.. please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know how to top but my question about toping is can i only top the main stem or can I top the smaller braches growing on the sides

Back
Top Bottom