New grower

TMKNLS

Hi im new here.. i go by TMK ... im looking for some ideas.. gonna try my first grow. I received i new plastic cabinet for Christmas i wanna build a homemade growbox It 25 inches wide,35 inches tall, 18 inches deep. I have a 4 light bathroom vanity light i wanna run cfls... help me along 420 friends

I think i know what light set up im gonna run just little puzzled on my fan set up.. cabinet will be in my bedroom or bathroom. Central AC so im thinking pc fan intake and out. Should be fine. 1 maybe 2 plants .. 8 -27w 6500k cfls 26w 4-2700 cfls for lights.

I have a very small cabinet grow box. Roughly 12"x18"x3'. It has served me well with 2 75w cfl's in a 10" heat lamp from Home Depot. I was able to grow 2 plants somewhat comfortably with some lst in 1 gallon pots until they grew balls. Just keep those bulbs close! Good luck man.

420-magazine-mobile1170902895.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A friend and i converted a metal filing cabinet into a grow space. It is working like a dream. Will post some pics. If u come from a cold area and battle to get temp up in their we found (using computer fans) it was better to vent from the bottom fan and suck air in from top. That draws air past lights and warms it as it heads down past plants and out. It made a big difference in temp. Remember cfl's and leds run cooler than hps therefore you need to up temp to 29deg Celsius.
Good luck. Will find those pics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the replies. I move next month. Giving me time to do my cabinet right.. it will be in my bedroom with central AC. Still wondering about a couple pc fans

Hi and welcome to 420.

I would suggest you should read through some grow journals. It will give you good ideas of what to do and help you avoid pitfalls. I have several journals in my signature, feel free to check them out.

Id say go with no less than 400w per 4x4 area of true light otherwise you will just get tiny buds. Light is the most important thing in growing followed by environment and nutes last.

Your head can spin when you read all about the different ways to grow. I would suggest you ask questions and query the experience of anyone that is trying to give advice. This is because people can mean well but complicate problems. Any experienced grower will not take offence to you asking what their background in growing is.

Keep the grow as simple as poss but use the best space available. Small cabinets are not the best space to grow in, id recommend minimum 4x4x5 but you have to work with what you have.

Good luck.

Hello everyone! Is anyone currently growing with a BCNL grow box system? I about to start my first grow ever with this cabnet set up and im trying to get an idea what to ecpect out of during a full grow and what to look out for from somone with hands on experience with this system. I have the double chamber bloom box and it was purchased used. Im starting to find that the seller is a little shady so i cant trust his word anymore. Any input will be appreciated.

Hey grow bro I was running 70 degrees during the dark and 80 with the lights on 18/6. I have a window fan with 3" ducting duct taped to the outer housing for exhaust. And a 6" Avalon clip fan blowing over the canopy. Just bought a cheap upgrade tent.32"x32"x63". I'm hoping at $60 it's not too cheap.
420-magazine-mobile257329622.jpg
upgrade though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom