Kai420Fowler

What Is wrong with my plants
420-magazine-mobile1729710268.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2127099458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile988636730.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307653034.jpg
420-magazine-mobile467443782.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2114300658.jpg

I am using nutrients but I only use a tiny but of nutrients in a 2 litter bottle to feed all of my plants less than 1 ml
But I am also using something called superthrive
420-magazine-mobile24266450.jpg

On the bit plant I had to take off more than half of the leaves because they were dieing or dead
420-magazine-mobile1281111158.jpg

And now she is really skinny
420-magazine-mobile357570619.jpg

I really need help diagnosing this

The only thing to fear is bad weed

Do Not remove leaves that are dying. Think about this , yes it does make your plant look better to your eyes but the plant for some reason is taking nutrition from some leaves to feed the rest of the plant. This is a guarantee, if you pull off dead or dying leaves the plant will just move on to taking what it needs from the next leaf. And then you can pull them off and it will move to a new Leaf. Do not remove leaves when a plant is in that stage unless there is absolutely nothing left in the leaf and it basically falls off. And it's hard to diagnose anything with a purple picture

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You need to check the section of the Forum on how to ask for help. There is no way anyone can help you with no information whatsoever and purple pictures. We need to know everything. What kind of plant is it how many days old is it what is it planted in what size pot is it in what type of water do you use what type of nutrients do you use how often do you water how often do you feed what is the temperature in your room in the daytime when lights are on and what is the temperature when the lights are off what is the relative humidity when the lights are on?

420-magazine-mobile315723532.jpg
420-magazine-mobile461575036.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1390144556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile464276031.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1825439722.jpg
these 2 are the same age they are candy cane from cks I'm using just flora nova nutws and my water will range from 5.0 to 6.5 ph I use just regular tap water the big 1 is in a 5 gallon bucket the 2 smaller ones are in 1 gallons I think also the big one is a sour disel or a king louie I don't know but its a bag seed the humidity and tempatur are pretty good
420-magazine-mobile274970829.jpg

So the big 1 is around 3 or 4 months old I just got the seed well I got 3 and I planted them and only that 1 grew

You need to check the section of the Forum on how to ask for help. There is no way anyone can help you with no information whatsoever and purple pictures. We need to know everything. What kind of plant is it how many days old is it what is it planted in what size pot is it in what type of water do you use what type of nutrients do you use how often do you water how often do you feed what is the temperature in your room in the daytime when lights are on and what is the temperature when the lights are off what is the relative humidity when the lights are on?

There are some new photos and some more information

I feed one every week I water every 3 or 4 days the lights are on a 20 on 4 off schedule the flora nova is 7-4-10

The ultimate potting soil—everything your plants need, in one bag. Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of premium earthworm castings, bat guano, and sea-going fish and crab meal.

Aged forest products, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® its light, aerated texture. Start with Ocean Forest® and watch your plants come alive!

Garden tip: Perfect for containers and ready to use right out of the bag. Ocean Forest® is pH adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 to allow for optimum fertilizer uptake. There’s no need for nitrogen fertilizers at first; instead try an organic blend like FoxFarm Big Bloom® Liquid Plant Food to encourage strong branching and a sturdy, healthy growth habit.

So according to them the best uptake of nutrients in their mix would be to keep PH between 6.3-6.8 :thumb:

It looks like a couple of issues, most likely arising from ph going from 5- 6.5. I don't use soil anymore myself, but if i remember right, the ideal ph is in the 6.3-6.6 region. If FF recc 6.3-6.8 i'd go with that. I'd correct that and see do they perk up with new healthy growth.
Adding Dolomite limestone, bonemeal or crushed oyster shells are a less stressful way of doing it than flushing with ph'ed low strenght nutes.
P.s- I wouldn't leave dead leaves in the pot, it's an invitation to unwelcome visitors that can really mess up your grow. I wouldn't pull off any that were not 'ready' - i.e shrivelled and discoloured, either, as the poster above says, there is still nutrition in that leaf and if you remove it the plant will move on to cannibalising another leaf.

It looks like a couple of issues, most likely arising from ph going from 5- 6.5. I don't use soil anymore myself, but if i remember right, the ideal ph is in the 6.3-6.6 region. If FF recc 6.3-6.8 i'd go with that. I'd correct that and see do they perk up with new healthy growth.
Adding Dolomite limestone, bonemeal or crushed oyster shells are a less stressful way of doing it than flushing with ph'ed low strenght nutes.
Ok well I bought 15 bottles of 1 litter smart Watters and smart water is a ph of 6.5 will that work?

Usually its cheap to buy a few gallons of distilled water. That may be a better route for the $$.

Even with more than likely pH issues the first 3-4 pictures show way too much Nitrogen. That is causing the dark dark green and claw like leaves. Also, if those plants are in a 5 gallon bucket there is NO way they need water every 3-4 days. They are way too small to use that much water. Plants that size in a 5 gallon bucket probably need watered once per week.
Also it looks like some bugs already found them. Lots of leaves look like they have holes from being chewed on? Or are you spraying the leaves with water when lights are on?

Usually its cheap to buy a few gallons of distilled water. That may be a better route for the $$.

Even with more than likely pH issues the first 3-4 pictures show way too much Nitrogen. That is causing the dark dark green and claw like leaves. Also, if those plants are in a 5 gallon bucket there is NO way they need water every 3-4 days. They are way too small to use that much water. Plants that size in a 5 gallon bucket probably need watered once per week.
Also it looks like some bugs already found them. Lots of leaves look like they have holes from being chewed on? Or are you spraying the leaves with water when lights are on?
Wait I can't spray the leaves with water? I like to make it look liked it just rained also they smell better wet idk why and only the big 1 is in a 5 gallon pot

Wait I can't spray the leaves with water? I like to make it look liked it just rained also they smell better wet idk why and only the big 1 is in a 5 gallon pot

Only 1/2 hour before lights come on or right as lights go off. Water on leaves act like magnifying glasses. They can cause burn spots. Watch this, it will give you the idea.
[video=youtube;eeSyHgO5fmQ]
[/video]

Only 1/2 hour before lights come on or right as lights go off. Water on leaves act like magnifying glasses. They can cause burn spots. Watch this, it will give you the idea.
[video=youtube;eeSyHgO5fmQ]
[/video]
So I am essentially burning holes in my plants but why are the leaves shriveling up and dieing that I don't understand

I just told you several of the reasons. Nitrogen Toxicity as well as a 90% chance you have pH issues. 6.2-6.8 is the soil area. You definitely had some nute burn going on in a few of those pictures. Too many nutes leads to burnt plants and salt buildup in the soil and when salt builds up you have pH issues.

I just told you several of the reasons. Nitrogen Toxicity as well as a 90% chance you have pH issues. 6.2-6.8 is the soil area. You definitely had some nute burn going on in a few of those pictures. Too many nutes leads to burnt plants and salt buildup in the soil and when salt builds up you have pH issues.
Does the salt build up turn into like flakes stuff in the soil and in the bottom of the pot?

Heres what you can do.

FLUSH the salts out of the soil. If in a 5 gallon pot then flush with at least 10 gallons of water. After that 10 gallons runs through the soil and cleans out the salts then take 1 more gallon of water and add 1/2 strength nutes to it and feed. Then let the plant dry. After a flush it will take quite a while to get dry.

Its good practice to flush with 3 times the pot capacity in water. So if in a 1 gallon pot then flush with 3 gallons of water. If in a 3 gallon pot flush with 9 gallons of water. Add 1/2 strength nutes to the last gallon and let dry.
Your plants will be pissed and leaves probably saggy for a day but after that they will start to perk up and look better.
After the flush DO NOT feed or water again until the soil is thoroughly dry to the bottom!!

Back
Top Bottom