Flowering at 14/10?

Spitz

I'm making a quick run of indica strains in coco. Strains are Bubblicious, Vanilla Kush, AK47, Bubblebomb, and Budzilla (all fems). The only possible sativa heavy hybrid is the AK but she looks mostly indica. I doubt they'll have any trouble going into flower at 14on 10off. I'm just worried they may try to reveg at the end of the flower cycle. Maybe I'll just go 14/10 for the first 6 weeks of flower. Geesh.. may have just answered my own question.

I've done mostly sativas and flower them at 10-11hrs on and 13-14 off. I don't think my yields suffer too much but I notice my plants tend to finish a bit earlier than others I follow.

Guess my questions are..
Anybody flower indicas on a bit longer light cycle? Observations? General feedback?

Light used is an Advanced XML650 (600W draw) LED in a 4x4. Gonna give it a whirl regardless. Girls are about a week or 2 from flip. Peace!

I'm making a quick run of indica strains in coco. Strains are Bubblicious, Vanilla Kush, AK47, Bubblebomb, and Budzilla (all fems). The only possible sativa heavy hybrid is the AK but she looks mostly indica. I doubt they'll have any trouble going into flower at 14on 10off. I'm just worried they may try to reveg at the end of the flower cycle. Maybe I'll just go 14/10 for the first 6 weeks of flower. Geesh.. may have just answered my own question.

I've done mostly sativas and flower them at 10-11hrs on and 13-14 off. I don't think my yields suffer too much but I notice my plants tend to finish a bit earlier than others I follow.

Guess my questions are..
Anybody flower indicas on a bit longer light cycle? Observations? General feedback?

Light used is an Advanced XML650 (600W draw) LED in a 4x4. Gonna give it a whirl regardless. Girls are about a week or 2 from flip. Peace!
Start at 14.10 after 5 weeks 13.11 then 12 12 then 13.11 make plant think days are getting shorter

Autoflower420

Guess my questions are..

Good luck

Autoflower420

Are you going to post somewhere about how this goes, Spitz?
It's something I've wondered about too. Plants will flower at 14/10 or even 15/9 - so I'd think that they'd grow better and bigger this way, as long as they stayed flowering.

Ive had all different kind of plants flower on 14-10 bt then reveg on me. I'm sure it's not a sure thing bt I have a few that are in my new journal that are super leafy now and I just got some information to why reveg plants are more susceptible to budrot and mold which makes sense to me just my two cents but I hope everything goes well for you on your grow brother!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's something I've wondered about too. Plants will flower at 14/10 or even 15/9 - so I'd think that they'd grow better and bigger this way, as long as they stayed flowering.
15 9 isn't long enough fort it had to be under 14 you can veg on 15 hours

Autoflower420

Maybe I'll try another Journal. I'm going to flip in a week or two. I plan on starting at 14/10. Like Autoflower recommends, I'll drop an hr after week 5 or 6. Well, I'll likely do that. We'll play it by ear and keep a close eye on them. Who knows, maybe they won't even kick off at 14/10. We'll soon see. I hope or works. I can only assume that a day is a dark/light "cycle". Adding 18% more light can only help? Like I mentioned, I've flowered everything on 11/13 (or less) up to this point. At 600w and $0.09/KWh for electricity, it should only cost me about $7 to try. Game on!

I'm as curious as to how long it takes as well. I know my sativas finish faster than most by reducing an hr or so per day of light. I'm wondering if adding 2hrs will turn 8 week strains into 10 week ones???

Yes they will. The late summer light is about 14/10. I've never tried it but I heard it works but produces smaller buds.
Again. I have not tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

15 9 isn't long enough

Autoflower420

Except when it happens, as it did to an outdoor plant I had going once- a photoperiod plant just like its brothers and sisters next to it, and the others didn't flower till later.
The other thing I thought of- and this ground has no doubt has been covered so it's probably a stupid idea... But since it's actually the hours of darkness that determine the cycle- in theory a plant could have very long days of light as long as it kept returning to a12 hour night. I'm not talking about the GLR method - but something like a 16 hour day followed by a 12 hour night. You'd need to put some time into programming this.

I did a lot of reading on that WC. What I gathered was that it can be done exactly as you mentioned. The problem is that you can enhance the flowering time (days) considerably. If you add 4hrs to 16/12, you'll add 9 days to a 8 week strain just in day/night cycles. I was really thinking of trying exactly the opposite and running 10on 11off cycles and harvesting a week sooner?

@jrlove..
That Chemdawg went to reveg on 14/10? That scares me.. lol.

Well if it does flower for ten weeks instead of eight, and gets many many extra hours of daylight along the way, where is all that energy going? Buds of a strain can only get so big I would think. If they're not constantly growing bigger, what else are they spending their extra time doing, besides making the power company happy?

5821b597b3f4f2c7565c1939b5503786.png

Would risk.it.just hit 12 and 12 straight away

Autoflower420

If 14 hours was better than 12.12.eveebody would do more.hours.my plants are down to 10 on 14 off

Autoflower420

i don't necessarily believe that is the case. I know it's been tried many, many times before. I assume if the results were staggering (or even statistically significant), the cat would be out of the bag and it might be the norm. All that being said, I'm out $7 if things don't work out (and maybe 2 extra weeks of veg). I'll have run a light cycle test on my own and be able to make some qualitative deductions.

I suspect you're right and I won't notice any positive results. We shall see.. I think I'm going to flip on Friday. I think I'm gong t do 13-5/10.5 though. Thanks for the input AF!

Thanks Auto. I've grown plants before once or twice and obviously understand the basic concept of photoperiodism. We are just talking about exploring new (to us) ideas here, on the fringes of the standard 12/12-10/14 schedules that we all use.

Back
Top Bottom