New grower - Have some questions

Massmeds420

Hi . I've been doing my research in terms of growing the plant itself ,but I'm struggling setting up my environment. I have a 3x3x5 gorilla tent and a 315w cmh. I'm lost when it comes to ventilation . The port holes in the tent are 10". I'm just not sure what size fan I should get for exhaust and intake. I'm going to need to carbon filter it as wel and I'll prob want to duct from the hood too? Idk I'm lost please any suggestions of what to buy ,and how to go about venting would be appreciated . I'm doing soil and scrogging idk if any of that matters .

I have a 2'x4'x5' tent and have a 6" Vivosun Exhaust.. it works great. More than enough for my tent's cubic volume (40 cubic feet) to exchange air inside every couple of minutes. I hope this helps. ...

Happy Growing!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As long as u have a good exhaust and temp isn't an issue u shouldn't need intake cuz the exhaust does it 4 u in a sense a negative pressure is good when ur tent is closed it will suckered air in anywhere u allow it to without intake dan

Sent from my SM-T550 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Most 5 inch exhaust should be alright for a tent that size.

You could open up the passive vents for intake & still have negative pressure as well saving some $ on an extra fan.

Others wise if you wish to go down the 2 fan option you could look at twin speed fans set on high & low setting for intake/exhaust etc other wise it will be 5" inch exhaust & 4 " intake.

Their are few methods of working out air flow / exchange tho to what size fan you need.

I would scrap the intake fan and spend the money on the best exhaust you can. While a smaller option can work, I would go with a good quality 6 inch with a speed controller. That way you can always dial it down if needed. IMHO ventilation is not something to skimp on.

I suppose your climate will impact the minimum requirement, but I reckon a good 6 inch with those 10 inch passive intakes will be plenty for most situations

Back
Top Bottom