Need help with lights

IrkenInvader

Hey guys, so I'm attempting to grow a plant for the first time. Currently its in a small cup of garden soil my wife bought and is sticking up about 2 or maybe 3 inches out of the soul after 2 days. The lights i have on it are these little tiny hg lights from what i can tell ( the writing is very small) it says 3500k 13w 6.220a or 0.220a (cant really tell if the first dig is a 6 or a 0) lumens: 800 120v 60hz. i have 4 of these bulbs and a lamp that allowa me to move each bulb independently within a couple feet was wondering if they are suitable for growth of a plant and if so what cycles and how to do the dark and light ratio when the plants get a bit bigger. i am new to growing and just want to grow for personal medical use maybe one or two plants at a time. I know I'll need to upgrade my equipment eventually but will this work for now?Any feed back would be greatly appreciated thx guys happy medicating :)

That is most likely 0.22 amps 3500k color temperature is more for flowering but will work for veg to. You have four lights at 13w each in assuming thise lights are probably supposed to be 60w equivalent. they will allow your plant to grow but are not providing adequate lighting.

It is determined that under the right enviroment people can get up to one gram per watt sometimes more depending on training, light and nutes and so on.
Your four lights are using 52w. Your yield would most likely be tiny fluffy popcorn buds and not in a large quantity

As for light schedule the recommended scedule for veg is 20/4 or 18/6 (meaning 18 hours of light 6 hours of darkness.

When you want to flower you need to switch the light schedule to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of complete light deprivation. You want no light at all during the dark cycle in flowering phase or you run the risk of producing hermies.

If you are working on a tight budget you can get a mars hydro 300w led panel for fairly cheap. They run about $70usd and will help you out more but I believe they only cover a 1.5ft x 1.5ft area for flowering (double check that coverage)
I hope this helps you some and welcome to the site. Happy growing

Thank you that helped a lot. Eventually when I scrape together some extra cash I want to build a grow box about 3x3 with better lights, vents fans the works so if you happen to have advice on a cheap way to build one of those that'd be great ( I already have an idea of what im going to do but advice is always nice and ideas can change haha). But for now i was just wondering if i could grow my meds at all with those bulbs just to hold me till i get my reall set up going. So thanks again friend.

If they are growing then its enough light for them to live at least....if you have any cheap cfl's or led bulbs throw them in the mix until you get your equipment. Try for the 6500k range for veg but keep those lights you have to.

When building your box I have never built one so hopefully someone else chimes in but I can say make sure you have good air circulation/exchange.

You can puchase little cooling fans for computers and have one at the top of the box drawing hot air out with one on the bottom bringing fresh air in. This will in turn help with your temperature control as well but before you build you need to figure out what kind of lights you are going to use or eventually use. Due to the fact that different lights need to be certain distances from the plant plus different lights affect temperature differently

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Thanks again man but the research i did said not to put a fan on the intake of the box as it would just creat a wind tunnel, also when should i transplant the little guy right now the roots are starting to wrap around the bottom if the cup when is the ideal time to do it?

Yw....the advice I gave is what I was taught and is working for me. There is usually more then one way there is no method set in stone unless your doing docs hi brix but I also think when you get info you should research it yourself and make a decision because sometimes people unintentionally hurt when they are trying to help due to misinformation but you will be fine.
Happy growing

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Yeah i will be double checking everything everyone tells me. i have been spending hours a day researching proper techniques and plan on spending many more countless hours before i actually start like a real grow opp. why spend all that time and money building the box wiring fans and lights and all that if i dont know what I'm doing? Figured id start with something that will more or less just work and get to where im comfortable with my knowledge before stepping up and growing bigger better plants if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom