8 bucket GH water farm

arnold31

Morning folks, I'm waiting for my water farm to arrive. I've read the modifications that people make so they can remove the reservoir for cleaning. Do you clean the individual buckets during the grow, or between grows. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back when I used water farms I would clean the individual buckets between grows. I did however had shut off valves installed at each bucket and reservoir in case I needed to remove a bucket for whatever reason so I wouldn't have to disconnect the tubing, worked out well.

Thanks, that what I'm doing, putting a ball valve between each bucket and controller.

Another little trick I learned was to take the inner bucket out and drill the holes a little bigger so the roots had lots of room to travel down to build a really big root mass in the lower chamber. Hope this helps.

One other thing you probably want to is run another airline down the pump column so you can have a air stone in the bottom of each bucket to give the roots what they really like oxygen. Don't know what kind of nutrients you are going to use but do yourself a favor and look up a product called Z7 to put in your reservoir to help with root problems and high temps in reservoir. Stuff does wonders.

Keep it green!!

Thanks for the tip on z7. I'll look it up. No nutrients yet. Still setting up, and I've tried reading about various brands but theirs a million out there. Good idea using air stones in each container, I was just going to put one in the controller.

Drilling larger holes in the top chamber for the roots to grow through is imperative - unless the manufacturer has changed their product in the last ten years. After the roots had grown into the bottom reservoir I removed the top drip ring and ran an airstone in each rez, so it became a dwc. Also, make sure you keep your temps down in the reservoir and controller. A waterfarm can grow some awesome plants.

Yes, I drilled out the top containers. Good idea with the dwc. I'm thinking of running the farm 24/7. I'm going to use rapid rooter, soak seeds for under 24 hrs, then straight in the rooter. When the roots first appear I'll put them in hydrocorn in the farm.
I'm new so I hope I'm on the right track.

I had mine running 24/7 with no problems except for covering the upper chamber and drip ring with foil tape ( all I had back then, you can use what comes to mind ) to keep the water that was splashing on the hydroton off the floor.

Seems like you're going to be good with the water farm set up It was good for me when I doing this around ten years ago. It's what I used when I first started.

What type system you running now?

I using a 3x3 flood and drain (ebb+flow) with a 20 gallon reservoir, along with the perfect sun 500 led made by black diamond a sponsor on the site. Also have a 6 inch max-fan pro series with filter as the extractor fan, a blue lab guardian meter to keep an eye on ppm, temp, ph, and a 12 inch fan for circulation.

Sweet set up. I'm also looking at the perfect sun leds.

They are really made well. I have another led for the new veg room that is a cheap 300 watt rated made overseas and you definitely can see the difference in Quality, but it should work for what I want if not I'll get another ps 500 when I can. In the past I used a hid/hps 400 watt and I'm already pleased with the growth difference That the ps 500 has given me. Well that's about all that this old fart can type tonight and I wish you the best of luck with your grow. If you need any help you have come to the right place, as this site has the most helpful people that will give good advice and answers in all stages.

What's the best way to fill the water farm. I was going to mix nutes in a measure amount of water and add to the reservoir,, then when I need more water, I'll add fresh water and adjust nutes in the reservoir. Circulation time is around 4 hours so you'd have to adjust the nutes again I guess?

Back
Top Bottom