Need Help - Pest Issue

JRTokey

Last night I noticed some small strands almost like web in my tent. This morning when I looked there were a few more and two of the leaves on one of my plant appear to have been chewed on. I have looked up and down in the tent can't find anything in there. I looked over the whole plant top and bottom of leaves with a 60x magnifier still don't see anything. I shook the plant over a white piece of paper and then observed any spec on the paper with the magnifier and still nothing. Pic are below if anyone has a guess and knows a good way to resolve the issue I would appreciate the help. My guess is spider mites? Going on vacation for 4 days on Friday terrible timing.

Pictures of the two damaged leaves
IMG_029543.jpg
IMG_029341.jpg

If you look close you can see the "web" in this picture
IMG_029753.jpg

One is a bottom leaf one is middle leaf very possible. It did allot of damage in a day I have this stuff Fungicide3(R) (Ready-to-Use) | Garden Safe considering spraying it on my leaves do you think this is a bad idea?

Should probably note all 4 plants had these little web strands as if they were used to jump from plant to plant.

First week of flower yes I did. I think you may be right about house spider. I left the top vent of the tent open and noticed some spider web in there where the spider came down from. I wouldn't think a spider would damage a leaf though maybe it is coincidence?

Last night I noticed some small strands almost like web in my tent. This morning when I looked there were a few more and two of the leaves on one of my plant appear to have been chewed on. I have looked up and down in the tent can't find anything in there. I looked over the whole plant top and bottom of leaves with a 60x magnifier still don't see anything. I shook the plant over a white piece of paper and then observed any spec on the paper with the magnifier and still nothing. Pic are below if anyone has a guess and knows a good way to resolve the issue I would appreciate the help. My guess is spider mites? Going on vacation for 4 days on Friday terrible timing.

Agree with previous posters. Looks like you have a harmless (or minimally harmful) bug there.
BUT.

Just because you dodged a bullet this time; doesn't mean you shouldn't wear a bullet proof vest.
You need to start an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program now. Right now. Where I live not doing so is assured destruction of a garden.

The program I use is based on a monthly program as follows:
Week 1: Tuesday and Thursday; spray with Spinosad per directions.
Week 2: Tuesday and Thursday: spray with Pyrithum per directions.
Week 3: Tuesday and Thursday; spray with Azatrol per directions.
Week 4: No spray. Inspect plants with microscope.
Next month, start over.
Discontinue all spray after two weeks in flower. Inspect frequently and at first signs of infestation isolate the plant and spray with Mighty Wash, wait two days, spray again. Lots of ventilation (prevent mold in bud). Remove infected area. Next week do Mighty Wash program again. Confirm no bugs and put it back with your other healthy girls. This has rarely happened to me in flower, because I kept the lil bastards offa my plants from birth. Once, I had a plant with an infection ... it was only two weeks from harvest so I just cut the bad parts off and washed with soap and water and we made it to the finish line. Whether you use soap and water or Mighty Wash at this point, be sure to wash your buds before or at harvest. (Search "bud washing" here, and do it.)

Follow directions on the chemicals TO THE LETTER. Measure carefully. If you get it too strong, it won't work any better and it may damage or kill your plants. If you measure to weakly, you will grow bugs that are resistant to pesticides.
When you spray, really soak them. I mean, dripping wet. Spray UP, get the undersides of the leaves wet, and don't miss the ones that are easy to miss. I like to use an airless paint sprayer with a long nozzle on it. (Get the cheapest one you can find, usually about $35.) I will use a gallon of mix to do six or eight full sized mothers. Soak em real good - can't get them too wet. Wet the soil, and the bed they are on, and the floor, yup the floor too.

Sounds like a lot. But it really isn't. I can do my whole 3600 watt, 100sf grow in about an hour. And, it IS mandatory where I live in N. Cali.

Happy growing.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom