HSO Bubba's Gift problems

NorCal Green

This little guy is really starting to wear on me. I just can't figure out what she is missing, or how I can help her feel and look a little better. She has never really looked that well. I started training her anyways, hoping that I'd figure out what she was needing along the way, but I never have.

I did a huge defoil today on all of the the rest of the girls in flux, but I left her alone. This is pretty much my pre-veg area that I play with the girls, then later they will head on into the big room for some proper veg. All that I'm really feeding these girls is AN Sensi A&B, with a little cal mag. PH is always at a 6.0 with an EC at 1.2 for the time being. I'm watering them about every three days in their 3 gallon pots, Just about 4 cups worth. They all started out in Happy Frog from bean , then about 1 month ago all were transplanted with FFOF. All are under t-5's. The room temp is at 78, give or take with an RH at about 45-50. Being I train them almost every other day, I can tell when they are getting lighter and It's time for a drink.

About two weeks ago I brought her out and did a good 10 gallon PH'ed flush with her in the kitchen sink. Let her dry out for almost a week. No change. Gave her a good drink with nutes, no change. Gave her a little less water then the rest, in case this particular plant didn't need that much, No change. I'm just out of ideas. I did some reading and it looks like they can be a little finicky, but there has to be something that I'm missing. I'll post some pics of the rest of the girls to show their health for comparison. I think they all look nice and healthy, although, probably a little mad at me for the major defoil and stretch session.

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

IMG_016257.JPG

IMG_016346.JPG

IMG_016150.JPG

IMG_016457.JPG

And here she is in the back looking all sad.

IMG_016749.JPG

And here are a couple of the other plant around the room for comparison. I think they all are looking good, but I've missed some pretty easy stuff in the past. :laughtwo:

IMG_016649.JPG

IMG_016951.JPG

IMG_016856.JPG

IMG_017054.JPG

IMG_017155.JPG

IMG_017253.JPG

:thanks:

I've just finished a couple of runs with Bubba's Gift and to be fair all of them looked sad. I found the ones that weren't fed so much and trained the most actually did best, maybe they're just very light feeders and very leafy too. If you persevere though the yield and smoke will be well worthy of your patience. Good luck with the grow.

just another quick thing to note, a steady PH of 6 isn't best for a soil grow, you could try gently (emphasis on the gently) variating your PH between 6.2 and 6.8 so that the plants gain all the nutrient range :thumb:

Your taking to much off of em. Shock possibly? I grow kinda like u do. But in a different way
1139529c46b9fb55850dab285349089d.jpg

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Lol, almost the same, but slightly different in some way. :high-five:

Honestly thanks for the reply. It could very well be that I'm taking too much off the girls, or their in shock. I left the BG alone this time, so I guess we will see what happens. They all still have 2+ months left in this room, as I just flipped the big room this weekend.

I've just finished a couple of runs with Bubba's Gift and to be fair all of them looked sad. I found the ones that weren't fed so much and trained the most actually did best, maybe they're just very light feeders and very leafy too. If you persevere though the yield and smoke will be well worthy of your patience. Good luck with the grow.

just another quick thing to note, a steady PH of 6 isn't best for a soil grow, you could try gently (emphasis on the gently) variating your PH between 6.2 and 6.8 so that the plants gain all the nutrient range :thumb:

Thanks for the reply HH. :blushsmile:

That is about the same as what I read online. She just doesn't seem to be a super happy plant, but some of those posts were from a couple years ago. I was hoping that somebody might have figured it out.

After about a 10 hour You tube (weedtube) fest while I was cleaning up the girls yesterday, It does sound like I'm running the PH a little low. I've seen the graphs and such on here on the uptake and where it should be, soil vs. hydro so I'm going to up them to a ~6.3 or so. When you say 6.2-6.8, do you do a sliding scale at all? I guess I mean, one week hit it at the 6.2 then gradually move it up to the higher range then back down...etc? I guess that would guarantee that you hit all of the marks for uptake, but that would kinda be a pain with nute measurements? I'm thinking a lot of PH down and up would need to be used. It's early and I need to uptake some coffee. LOL

Thanks again for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply HH. :blushsmile:

That is about the same as what I read online. She just doesn't seem to be a super happy plant, but some of those posts were from a couple years ago. I was hoping that somebody might have figured it out.

After about a 10 hour You tube (weedtube) fest while I was cleaning up the girls yesterday, It does sound like I'm running the PH a little low. I've seen the graphs and such on here on the uptake and where it should be, soil vs. hydro so I'm going to up them to a ~6.3 or so. When you say 6.2-6.8, do you do a sliding scale at all? I guess I mean, one week hit it at the 6.2 then gradually move it up to the higher range then back down...etc? I guess that would guarantee that you hit all of the marks for uptake, but that would kinda be a pain with nute measurements? I'm thinking a lot of PH down and up would need to be used. It's early and I need to uptake some coffee. LOL

Thanks again for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it. :thumb:

Hello, yeah that's pretty much it, just gentle controlled variations so that the plant doesn't suffer from problems due to PH fluctuations. I started using this method because of problems with my plants and it works a treat, although if you're growing with chemical nutrients it's worth taking a look at Advanced Nutrient's PH perfect range, they were fantastic when I used them, really easy :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom