Hi - Question about potting mix I purchased - Thanks

kurt7825

420 Member
sorry if this is the wrong area to post this

i am new to growing, never grew anything before. i have spent hours reading up on growing over about ten days so trying to learn. i can't seem to find a definite answer to my issue so i thought i'd ask directly

i've purchased everything i need to start. i am growing an autoflower and i have a question about a potting mix i purchased. i am unable to post attachments for some reason so i'll provide a link to a pic if it helps

the potting mix is "PRO-MIX premium potting mix"

here is what it contains:

Components: Canadian sphagnum peat moss, coconut fibre, perlite, limestone, slow release fertilizer and mycorrhizae

i am worried because i've read that a slow release fertilizer may not be good. found that out after purchase lol. i've also read a couple posts somewhere (i honestly forget where) about some people using a potting mix with slow release fertilizers

do you think i can use this potting mix or should i try something else? i'm in canada and checked a few stores but not sure what to buy. at Lowes they have brands by Schultz, Scotts, Miracle grow. Walmart seems to have the same selection

Thanks for your help

sorry if this is the wrong area to post this

i am new to growing, never grew anything before. i have spent hours reading up on growing over about ten days so trying to learn. i can't seem to find a definite answer to my issue so i thought i'd ask directly

i've purchased everything i need to start. i am growing an autoflower and i have a question about a potting mix i purchased. i am unable to post attachments for some reason so i'll provide a link to a pic if it helps

Components: Canadian sphagnum peat moss, coconut fibre, perlite, limestone, slow release fertilizer and mycorrhizae

i am worried because i've read that a slow release fertilizer may not be good. found that out after purchase lol. i've also read a couple posts somewhere (i honestly forget where) about some people using a potting mix with slow release fertilizers

do you think i can use this potting mix or should i try something else? i'm in canada and checked a few stores but not sure what to buy. at Lowes they have brands by Schultz, Scotts, Miracle grow. Walmart seems to have the same selection

Thanks for your help
Do not use Miracle-Gro! From what I understand Home Depot now has a line of potting mix for cannabis so if you are near a Home Depot check out Home Depot they might have it. Lowes might but somebody posted on here Home Depot now carries a line for growing canabis. Good luck

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

Potting Soil is the ideal choice for both indoor and outdoor container gardening. Developed by industry experts with some of the world's finest natural ingredients, this heady mix is designed for superior drainage, water retention, and consistently strong results. Formulated with Sphagnum Peat Moss, Coco Coir, Aged Bark, Perlite, Volcanic Ash, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Kelp Meal, and a healthy dose of Worm Castings and Bat Guano. Secrets from the pros, trickled down straight to your garden.

Consistent, premium quality mix - ideal for both indoor and outdoor container gardening
No need to fertilize within the first 30 days
Ideal blend to support strong and consistent plant growth
Aggressive drainage and aeration to accommodate aggressive feeding
Great for traditional and hydroponic gardening
Find out more about Black Magic:
cfec8f964838a9741122e74e2312a92a.jpg
This is at Home Depot.

Slow release fertilizers are bad. You need to go to a hydroponics store where you live or you need a Rona thats a home and garden (go buy some PROMIX HP).

Not always true. That above is made for cannabis. Read the ingredients.

Do not use Miracle-Gro! From what I understand Home Depot now has a line of potting mix for cannabis so if you are near a Home Depot check out Home Depot they might have it. Lowes might but somebody posted on here Home Depot now carries a line for growing canabis. Good luck ..

Kush Girl keeping it green from seed.

Guess what? The stuff Home Depot has for cannabis is made by miracle grow. So now if someone says miracle grow sucks, then their wrong. Black magic is awesome. I've read the reviews.

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Guess what? The stuff Home Depot has for cannabis is made by miracle grow. So now if someone says miracle grow sucks, then their wrong. Black magic is awesome. I've read the reviews.

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Yeah I just looked up the black magic. It seems to be a brand that makes the soil mixture, a peat moss mixture and nutrients. I don't see anywhere they says it's with Miracle Grow. I was just at home depot and didn't see this stuff, but then again, it's the middle of winter.

Yeah I just looked up the black magic. It seems to be a brand that makes the soil mixture, a peat moss mixture and nutrients. I don't see anywhere they says it's with Miracle Grow. I was just at home depot and didn't see this stuff, but then again, it's the middle of winter.

There's many diff bags of black magic. Even coco. They also have a line of nutrients to go with it.
Still winter. Prob don't have yet. But if you google you'll see diff types of black magic. IThe ingredients in the one I posted are awesome. Miracle-Gro Breaks Into The Cannabis Industry With Black Magic

Black Magic is owned by "The Hawthorne Gardening Company which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scotts Miracle-Gro Co that focuses on the emerging areas of indoor and urban gardening products, announced that it had purchased California based liquid nutrients and media products companies, General Hydroponics, Inc and Bio-Organic Solutions, Inc"

Sent from my SM-G903W using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey everyone thanks for all your help. i can't seem to find "Black magic" anywhere here. i'm in Regina saskatchewan.

the Rona store here carries this pro mix hp Professional growing medium | RONA

is that the right one? only pro mix hp i can find but i could call some hydroponic stores tomorrow

hey everyone thanks for all your help. i can't seem to find "Black magic" anywhere here. i'm in Regina saskatchewan.

the Rona store here carries this pro mix hp Professional growing medium | RONA

is that the right one? only pro mix hp i can find but i could call some hydroponic stores tomorrow

It'll work fine. In fact, for a beginning grower this stuff will actually help you make into the grow without screwing anything up. Just avoid using your own nutes until your plants are a few inches tall. Have fun!

thanks for the advice "MadScience" i'll add nute's later as you suggest

"The Germinator", thanks but that link takes me to US Home Depot and it says they don't ship internationally. the canadian Home Depot doesn't carry the product so i'm screwed there lol

thanks for the advice "MadScience" i'll add nute's later as you suggest

"The Germinator", thanks but that link takes me to US Home Depot and it says they don't ship internationally. the canadian Home Depot doesn't carry the product so i'm screwed there lol

I am pretty sure I found it on the Canadian one to. Will look again.

No more bashing Miracle Grow

You will do fine with the pro mixHP...its buffered well, so you shouldn't need nutes for a month or so...even then start slow...1/4 strength and work up from there as needed...don't fall into the over watering trap that many new growers do...the girls like a wet then dry soil medium...if you are starting in solo cups or small pots...notice and get the feel of weight for when they're wet and dry...when you put your sprouted/unsprouted bean in a thoroughly watered starter pot, you should not have to water for a week or likely more...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom