First Grow - Cheese - Autopot

Plants looking a bit droopy, 3 hours until night cycle kicks in end of 3rd week.
Is this normal?

420-magazine-mobile1433982607.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok i think i know the problem, autopot advise on their site that you put an inch of pebbles or gravel in the bottom of each pot

I just put coco/pebbles mixed in,

Would it be a good idea to turn the tap off on the tank to let them drink whats there and let them dry a little

I like my plants always change between wet and dry. I take them in the shower and make it rain until i get minor runoff, then i wait few minutes to let the water spread avoiding dry pockets in the soil. After that i feed them with phed nutes and as it runs through the soil it sucks in new oxygen.

Then i let them dry out again until the pots feel very light and start over.

I can see a boost of growth after each cycle...

There is actually a method called 'make it rain' from Riddleme

You give them alot of water to the soil and the foliage, wait a day or two until they get into a kind of overdrive to wick out that water, and just before all the water is transpired and they go back to normal you feed them so all of the nutes are going into the plants faster because they are still in emergency overdrive mode.

Try to find more info about that and give it a try

Letting a plant dry to a point makes sense, get out empty water to make room for nuted water

Unfortunately i have them in loft/attic and only have a downstairs toilet... Any other ideas more manageable?

Collect the runoff and only water them until you get a littlebit of it. But let them dry out some days first. I use old towels when i dont want to carry them around and remove them when runoff stops

420-magazine-mobile1892976410.jpg

My setup doesn't have pebbles in the bottom like the diagram on the right so i think the soil is staying too wet

Yup. There is your problem. would do something to change this before your roots rot to a brown slime and your plants get more and more problems fighting that. I would seriously stop new water coming and put every pot on a thick layer of kitchen towels to suck out that water. Give them some zymes in the future to eat that already dead roots.

Could you explain me how this auto gravity thing works? I have to leave the house for about 8 days (2/12-2/20) and i am still not shure if someone has to water for me, or i spend some money for new equipment. But my plants are in their final shoes already... Hmmm.. Anyway... I really would love to learn more about this method of watering for the next run. Is it expensive? I only want to grow 1 huge or up to 6 medium sized plants.

So you have one big res for all plants (better for cloned monoculture i guess) and a pump filling that smaller reservoirs when a valve opens?

Thats it.. Its my first attempt at a crop, wish i out pebbles in the bottom! If you google autopot they have a website explaining it.

I found a forum in my language with 50 page thread for this product. I guess i will buy 6x8,5L pots, that yellow air domes and the air pump :)

BTW they say a light and fluffy medium should be used besides the fact that you should use some good drainage layer on the bottom. Soil stays too wet. A 50:50 mix of coco and perlite is recommended.

Back
Top Bottom