Help - Heat - Too dry - Or nutrients?

CatsnBubbles

First try at growing again. This happened about a week ago, and since I made some adjustments the other leaves look good. Was this heat, dry soil, or nutrients? I grow other things indoor and outdoor with no issues, but I have ever been able to fully grow cannibus.

Thanks!
IMG_081744.JPG

Re: Help -- heat, dry, or nutrients?

Usually at that young age nutes would be a no no .. Just do not overwater it and let it grow ..

When it comes to marijuana plants i do hydroponics top feed and was told one thing when I started and that was always remember ( Less is More ) a plant will grow with just PH'D water and may I suggest getting this book from amizon any question you could ever have will be answered in this book from A-Z worth its weight in gold
420-magazine-mobile2006818623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys,

So we're about 10 days in from that last post, and by pulling back the light the plant has started to grow again. My only concern now is that it looks to be stretching quite a bit. With my current setup, ventilation is a bit difficult, but I cannot move it to the permanent grow facility yet because I live in a pretty frigid environment. Any advice on what how I should handle this point?

Thanks!
420-magazine-mobile1696462699.jpg

Why didn't you fill the cup?
What kind of light are you using?
What kind of soil?
Are you ph'ing your water?
Does your cup have drain holes?

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

The cup is a temp solution until I transplant the peet pot into a 1gal pot. I didn't have enough space in the temp room for the 1 gal pot so I'm running this until the outside temps raise a bit.

It's a 60w fluorescent grow light. One of the flood bulb shaped lights.

It's a garden variety soil that I purchased from a nursery here in town. The nutrient levels looked good from my initial research, but I can check the bag again to give you more precise amounts.

No. At the moment I've been using distilled water to get the plants going. I've been running a 24 hour cycle until about three or so days ago and I've recently switched to 18/6

Yes. The cup has drainage holes about an inch or so below the drainage hole of the peet lot. I use this to catch the run off water, which I observe to ensure no additional soil has run off as I've found that large amounts of soil deposit in the water make for dry soil while no deposits mean the soil is still wet.

Also for reference, I believe these are auto kush seedlings that were free from my purchase (using the free seeds to learn the ropes before using the actual seeds I purchased). I'm running 18/6 and hopefully that will help the stem thicken up a bit, and once the weather breaks I'll be transplanting them to the actual grow room.

In the meantime, I am working on a script that will send me an SMS message during the end of light/dark cycles so that I am more precise with my time. I will also be putting the lights a bit closer to the plant during the next on cycle.

Life is all about Kittens and Bubbles!

I'd carefully take the plant out of the container, add more soil leaving a couple inches of space at the top and put the plant back in. Water slightly to prevent air pockets between the layers of soil.

I'd carefully take the plant out of the container, add more soil leaving a couple inches of space at the top and put the plant back in. Water slightly to prevent air pockets between the layers of soil.

Sounds good. I made a point of finding a potting mix that had perilite mixed in, so hopefully that will suffice. I misspoke on the water I was using, it's actually been a spring water that I bought prior to switching to distilled (for the coffee maker). I will be looking into transplanting into the bigger pot, picking up a fan to inspire thicker stems and going with the ph strips to make sure all is well.

Hopefully in the next week or so I will have some good news!

Yeah that cup definitely needs more soil or you are going to have squat for roots plus just a suggestion maybe put a cut sock or something around that cup it would prevent light from damaging roots plus could helo to keep soil more habitibal for the plant

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Also for reference, I believe these are auto kush seedlings that were free from my purchase (using the free seeds to learn the ropes before using the actual seeds I purchased). I'm running 18/6 and hopefully that will help the stem thicken up a bit, and once the weather breaks I'll be transplanting them to the actual grow room.

In the meantime, I am working on a script that will send me an SMS message during the end of light/dark cycles so that I am more precise with my time. I will also be putting the lights a bit closer to the plant during the next on cycle.

You don't use a timer?

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Holy! You guys were on point with the peet pot being too small! The root had grown down to the bottom of the pot :(

I lost a fair amount of it when transplanting. I'm hoping it isn't a total bust so that I can take more notes and fight through it for my next set of germs.

I'm not using a timer at the current moment. My indoor setup is VERY compact and I don't quite have the space to accommodate. I've had a hard enough time putting a fan inside of the box. This is where we are in the new pot now. Considering I don't want the plant to grow more than 2ft, I'm curious if this pot will suffice.
420-magazine-mobile1210395603.jpg

This one is in a 1 gal pot. I have some 3 and 5 gals from growing peppers so worse comes to worse I'll get him some back up.

Edit**
So, he wasn't the biggest fan of the transplant. I'm pretty sure losing a bit of the root is the culprit. I'm going to germ another seed in the event that this one doesn't make it. I ordered a set of 10 and I'm on my second, so hopefully I can complete a grow! If this one raises back up, I may move the second plant out to the grow facility where there is more space and lighting.

Fingers crossed!

In retrospect, I think it was. It wilted up pretty heavily after the transplant and turning the lights back on (I did it at the end of the 6 hour darkness schedule). It seems to be holding pretty well in the aftermath. The stem seems to be standing up straight and there are some smaller leaves starting to sprout.

On another note, I did not take into account the light range in Kelvins, so I was actually using a 2.7K bulb which I swapped out for a 5K CFL daylight bulb. I want to run two bulbs (even though my temp grow space is 12x18x36), but the current light setup won't allow for a dual bulb socket. I'm going to fix that at the end of the next darkness cycle (which is at 5pm my time) and go with the dual lights.

Thanks for all your help thus far! I think this may turn into a mini journal!

Small update:

I'm running 2x 100w daylight CFL bulbs (6.5k) on the 18/6 cycle and using the heat from my server (ucs200) and a desktop fan to to train the stems during lights off. I'm doing it this way because it's still really cold here and since these bulbs are significantly cooler than the 2.7k flood grow bulb, I don't want to risk a massive temperature drop while the server is not on (it's still a backup server). I'll report back in soon!

Back
Top Bottom