Help - Freezing temps

Pitbullpal

hey everyone ..on my second grow and was going great until last night sometime power went out and shut my heater down and temps reached -5 C... ..was a sad sight for sure ...not sure how long they were under freezing but guessing 4 - 5 hrs ...girls all wilted some branches folded in half ...i cried ..lol ....no really ....anyway has anyone had this happen?? will they come back ..survive ??.its been 5 hrs now since i discovered them qnd not alot of change but does seem like there is a hint of life ??? is all lost ??? ANYONE ?

is it worth keeping the light on her? i mean if she does come back will the yeild be worth it..or cut my losses now ?

looking like i gonna have to start my medicine all over again ...hard work all wasted ...frustrating ....anyone have any strains i could try ?

Sorry to hear this. They don't take freezing well and won't recover if fully frozen. Bummer.
It sounds like your grow needs to be insulated. I don't understand how they could freeze that quickly? I have no heat in my flowering room for 12 hours every day during lights off. Sometimes the power goes out on top.
Is it possible to insulate the place- it do you think this is a freak event?

it is an insulated space actually but temps outside were -25c so ya ...bummer
some fans are starting to perk up but all hairs on flowers turning yellow and not looking well a few look semi ok but DAMN IM DISAPPOINTED
gonna love em up for a few days and see what happens ...

They might recover just depends on her genetics. Some cannabis get hurt from that temp some don't what was the strain or dominant strai

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

hi
thanks for PM pitbull, like I said in PM, a pic would be good so we can estimate the damage better.
I belive they could perk up if it was for only a gew hours ( and not 1-2 days)

:cheer:

no they didnt make it angrybird .....out of 4 plants there was one bottom branch that stayed green and alive ..trying to clone it now but unsure if it will take ...got some new seeds sprouted now ...so starting all over ..i didnt want to take any pics ...i dont want to ever see my ladies like that ,,,nor remember that either ....disappointing for sure ..but pushing forward and trying again ..3 is a charm right ? lol ...first grow went well but medium i used was soil and made it hard to flush so the taste wasnt there in the dried flower but it did make some wicked honey oil ...second grow , the girls froze ...on to number 3

You can try to make use of Heat Recovery ventilation. What you can do for cheap and low efficiency is to put intake lets say 100mm tube into outtake that is 150mm. Make it so it is made of aluminium tube with lots of crevices and crumples. You can preheat the intake tube with air from your outtake without the air mixing together. Try to google it to get the idea. You are gonna get some condensation in the intake tube also. Good luck with temps man, winter can be hard. :love: :Namaste:

What kind of lights are you using? And I had to add small heater to each tent for lights off. I am upset with my run BC I got no stretch BC of cold temps. I should have doubled in size for all of my ladies but they bushed out a lil bit and a couple inches but no real stretch. Now I also noticed that lifting them off the ground onto crates to not be on cold concrete. And my heaters being on timers for lights off. With lights on I am perfect at 73 degrees and 35 Rh. Lights off 63 and Rh 45. So just some recommendations

yes i did exactly that as well ..lifted them off cold floor ...the decided to insulate floor cause i need all the room i could get
i also had a heater in there for lights out which was working well until the power went out and shut my heater off even tho power came back on ...i should have remembered to check heater but forgot and paid the price and lost all my girls 23 days into flower :(

yes i did exactly that as well ..lifted them off cold floor ...the decided to insulate floor cause i need all the room i could get
i also had a heater in there for lights out which was working well until the power went out and shut my heater off even tho power came back on ...i should have remembered to check heater but forgot and paid the price and lost all my girls 23 days into flower :(
I even went as far as buying a camera for each tent and all around my location. With my camera it has motion and temp sensors so it will alarm me to low temperature

Back
Top Bottom