Help with autoflower grow - 2nd attempt - New grower

TCurl

Bought feminized mix autoflowers from CK.

2x4 tent
600W LED
ffof mixed with light warrior more perlite
3 gal fabric pots
6 inch fan
temp 75f

tried trainwreck autos a month ago. only one germinated. stunted the plant to 4 inches tall started to flower gave it away try again with new seeds.

got the mixed femenized deal from CK germinated 6 all 6 germinated real good.

planted strait into 3 gal pots that i slightly prewatered 1st with water ph 6.5. then planted germinated seeds.
put a couple more tiny splashes around the seed then put under light.

Light only has veg switch on right now at 38inches away from top of pots. draws about 184watts.

planted germinated seeds the 11th. one was already germinated out of shell and had cotyledons exposed that i planted. the others 5 still with shell had long tails out 1/2 inch or so. planted them root down shell up. all above soil now on the 14th.
I damaged one by dropping a tape measure that one might not make it.

I do not want to stunt these plants again. I cannot tell if it is my watering technique or too powerful of light. I have fed no nutrients. I only watered them all once the soil is still damp. I think I might water them in like 4 days or so. or whenever the dampness goes away.

My first attempt with train wreck auto i know the light stunted them i had it 18 inches away for a seedling with both veg and bloom switches on... so this time i read the manual to the LED and it said 36 to 40 inches with just veg light for seedlings. which is understandable.

I look at peoples pictures online of a one day seedling and they just tower over mine and I feel like I am just doing a repeat grow... fail. my first fail was just with ffof and nothing else with water ph of 6.0 and the light both switches on 18 inches away. way too close. long story short i stunted the plant. it started flowing at 4 inches tall with no stretch. so i trashed it started fresh.

I have a bunch of HD pics i want to post but i dont know how to. help with that would be great as well...

just trying to succeed save money and have fun growing... so far struggling. ive never grown before so this is all new to me.

One thing I noticed about Auto's is that they are genetic mutants. Some get 3' tall other only 18" I'm not sure why but i've grown a fair amount of various strains indoor and out and they are all over the map on size structure. You won't need 12/12 light although you can run that schedule if you want to. I've had more yield with 18/6 all the way and only somewhat less with 12/12 so you have to weigh electric cost vs yield. There are some hopped up potent auto's out there now and for an outdoor grow, It's my only option due to climate. Good luck, you'll get there.

420-magazine-mobile1096431118.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yup your light was maybe too close the first time...not necessarily your issue first time...butt...water under the bridge...light height seems better now...could get crowded in their with 5/6 girls...are they autos or photo's?...I'm assuming photo's...but some peeps like to put auto's in their forever home right off the bat(due to tap root growth)...photo's however do much better in starter trays/solo cups, whatever, before up potting(some going 1 gal...then to final pot)...you should not need nutes for weeks and then sparingly and gradually increase to higher dosage...don't over water...these girls like a wet dry routine...get used to what a watered pot feels like and a dry pot...hope this round goes a bit better for you...Start a journal...you'll find you may get more traffic and help...there's a how to link in one of my sig links...Oh!...Welcome to :420:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

if this is your second go around and your having problems you probably need help.

more pictures more info.

show us tent and setup and it all. maybe people will see things.

We have very similar set ups. I don't understand the other comments you received because everything looks perfect. for the first two-three weeks only water with plain water when using ffof. Right now the theyre working on their roots but after the first week the growth will seriously take off. Just don't overthink and baby them too much and you'll be surprised

Well I just did a 1/4 dose of GW for the roots. The guy is the local store told me to. Hopefully I didn't ruin anything here haha.... Sucks being the NOOB

420-magazine-mobile1411861548.jpg

420-magazine-mobile251581437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile708526333.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2143031918.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2074398759.jpg

All of these were planted on Feb 11 it has been 6 days since they were germinated seeds placed into soil.

They poked their heads up on the 13th n 14th.... They definitely have more stretch to them than they did my first time around. I think it's going better hope by giving them a weak dose of GW doesn't harm them. I'm just going back to strait water. Ffof says on the package good for 30 days for nutes. I feel like the first grow the stem was arching over these ones are straight up.

7 to 8 days old... What do ya think. The biggest one popped last.... Weird.

420-magazine-mobile1304619933.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1496453678.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1016595567.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1440281413.jpg

420-magazine-mobile180789100.jpg

420-magazine-mobile413173985.jpg

They r definitely growing, but slow. I think I may be under watering.

I think they look good for about a week.

How much liquid is going in to pots and how often.

Small dose of great white should be fine. It won't burn roots.
Sent from my iPhone using 420

Nice... I've just been watering in spots with no run off really. Like 1nce a day. But wasn't really saturating the soil that much

Probably half cup of water per plant. What do you think I should set my lights to? I have them going 24 now I was thinking like end of second week switch to 18/6 for the rest of the grow.

That's probably around right amount.

Maybe someone will comment that use ffof for you but I don't know if soil really needs it daily. It depends how well ur medium holds water but letting little ones search a little for water helps develope roots.

I would say everything look good though. Keep nursing and they will take off soon.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom