Please Help! Little Ones Are Not Doing Well!

Jay71

Hi Everybody!

I have started my first grow indoors and it appears that my plants are not doing well (I have posted several pictures below). I started the grow on January 28 and at first they were doing great. Over the past week or some of the lower leaves are completely dying and the tips of other leaves are turning brown. Some leaf tips are curing up and some down. The specifics of my grow are below:

Strain — Grandaddy Purple Kush (Indica/Sativa hybrid); Amnesia, Girl Scout Cookies, Pineapple Express, Blue Cheese
Number of Plants - 13
Grow Type — Coco-Coir
Grow Stage — Vegetative
Bucket Size — 1 gallon
Lights — (2) 300 W LED
Nutrients — General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro
PH — 6.5
Room Humidity — 70%
Room Temp — 74 to 78
Pests — none known

Problem: leaves tips are turning brown, tips curling down, some tips curling up,

Can someone please help me figure out what the problem(s) are? I was originally thinking it was nutrient burn, then possibly light burn (my LEDs are 20" from top of plants), then I thought it might be a zinc deficiency. I just can't get a handle on this and don't want to lose my plants.

Any help would be awesome!

THANKS!

IMG_47298.JPG
IMG_47289.JPG
IMG_472714.JPG
IMG_47266.JPG
IMG_472513.JPG
IMG_472310.JPG
IMG_47229.JPG
IMG_47216.JPG
IMG_472011.JPG
IMG_471313.JPG
IMG_471113.JPG
IMG_470910.JPG
IMG_46989.JPG

My first guess is Root Rot!
Actually I'm pretty sure you have the beginning symptoms of Root Rot.
How often do you water her?
Root rot affects your plant when you water it too much and then the plant begins to die cuz it can't get enough air to the roots. Suffocating roots are prone to root rot disease.

Solution: stop watering her so much and let her dry out. She should begin to recover within a week.

Or you can just scrap the plant and start over since it's still pretty early in the grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Every single person who has ever grown marijuana has killed a few plants. I killed 20 plants the first time I tried hydro hahaha. Don't feel bad about it bro.

Now that her roots are practically dead, she needs time to regrow new roots. The old leaves will never recover so look out for new growth that should start within a week.

You're not overwatering in Coco. Don't worry about that. You can water coco several times a day. It looks like you may have some pH issues going on. I see you say 6.5. That's too high for coco. You should be 5.8-6.2 at the highest. I would shoot for 5.9. I would start by light 1/2 strength feeding a time or 2 at a 5.9 pH. You should start seeing improvement in just a few days from the start of that. Right now you are running a soil pH.

A ph of 6.5 won't cause droopy leaves and yellowing.

This is classic root rot. I have fought root rot before and the symptoms always start the same. Droopy leaves that curl down and then yellowing.
His root system is dead so the plant get cant get enough air, which is why it's drooping like its overwatered. The plant can't uptake nutes either cuz the roots her dead which is why it's yellowing out.

Even if his ph was too high. It wouldnt cause the plant to droop.

Watering will just make this plant even worst.

This is classic root rot. I have fought root rot before and the symptoms always start the same. Droopy leaves that curl down and then yellowing.
His root system is dead so the plant get cant get enough air, which is why it's drooping like its overwatered. The plant can't uptake nutes either cuz the roots her dead which is why it's yellowing out.

Yokay!

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Id have to agree that's it's a nutrient deficiency, possibly due to PH fluctuations, what's your current nute regiment?

Id have to agree that's it's a nutrient deficiency, possibly due to PH fluctuations, what's your current nute regiment?

Yep, running 6 times more alkaline then it should be.

This is why you killed 20 plants when you started. You refuse to learn anything because you already know everything. He is 6 times more alkaline then should be and youre saying that wont cause these issues? Spread bad info somewhere else bro.

Well, you have conflicting diagnosis' from two very accomplished growers, Jay71. Whatcha gonna do? :)

Since you have 13 plants I'd suggest that you gently uproot, GENTLY, one of the plants that is in bad shape and examine the roots. If you have root rot the smell alone should be a giveaway and Kamehameha is right. If the roots are healthy then Fanleaf is right. And if you're gentle you have a good chance of getting the roots back into your growing medium without killing the plant.

Time to get your hands dirty.

Why are you guys focusing on the nutrient def? The droopiness is a much more serious problem. But I guess you guys are just gonna blame that on ph fluctuation too huh?

You guys are telling him to water a plant that clearly has root rot! Great advice!

Actually Im not only telling him to water it but water it thoroughly with half strength nutes once or twice a day. pH'ed to 5.9..
You never let coco dry out.

I apologize fanleaf, didn't mean to come on so strong!

No problem bro. Im sorry to be a dick myself man. I dont take anything here personal.

I'm def no authority but my first thought was nutrient burn exacerbated by high pH. From what I've read Fanleaf is likely right. Coco grows should have a lower pH than a soil grow. I'm still curious as to your feeding schedule. Do you know the EC (or ppm) of your solution? That would help a lot in determining what is going on with your plants.

I just don't get why his plants are starting to droop?

But it really sucks that these are Girl Scout Cookies and Granddaddy Purp seeds, not the type of genetics you want to stress out too much.

I have to say it looked like death by drowning to me also.....but what do I know. What's fascinating is 13 plants and so many strains and they are all having the same hissy fit....surely if it were ph and/or nutes one or two of the plants would have shrugged it off.....it's almost as if your substrate hates your nutes.....

I would follow Riders advice re checking what your roots are doing....

Good luck and don't give up :420:

Back
Top Bottom