How to tell when buds are basically as big as they're going to get

flatlander77

I'm experimenting with a first grow and I'm on week 7 of 12/12. I believe it to be a sativa dominant strain. I look at the plant to much and I'm not even sure if it's fattening up.
Just want it to be done... but I don't want to stray from 12/12 if it's going to effect anything. I suspect it'll take longer since I'm using cfls. ( I high watt cfl panel. 44w/sq.ft 16 sq.ft panel ( 45x45 ) temperatures maintain around 77-79 w/o external venting. Anyways/also what are some visual signs the buds are getting close to ready?
420-magazine-mobile944296939.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1239722748.jpg
think I got another month or only half that? ( terrible pics so might be hard to see buds )

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It depends on what you want. Usually prime harvest is when about 70% of the bulbous heads on the trichomes are milky and about 30% are amber. But you'll need magnification to see this. You can somewhat judge by the pistils (around 2/3 will be amber and/or bending backwards) but this method doesn't tell the full story. If you harvest before the prime, you have more cerebral highs but with less THC, during prime has optimal THC content, after prime THC will start depleting and CBD will increase.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Any guesses with this plant?
420-magazine-mobile119507319.jpg
idk if a bigger plant makes the difference either. Hopefully not 6 more weeks haha. Timeline doesn't matter but my next group are getting ancy to get into flower

I think I would say 1/4 or less pistils are darkening up but they are all mostly sticking straight out still

I keep the lights as low as possible. Typically within an inch. Raise them obviously when I'm checking her out. Lookin for bugs, nutrient burn etc...

Any guesses with this plant?
420-magazine-mobile119507319.jpg
idk if a bigger plant makes the difference either. Hopefully not 6 more weeks haha. Timeline doesn't matter but my next group are getting ancy to get into flower

I'd say looking at your pics and sativa Dom , probably got another 6 weeks left, buds haven't really formed yet still a lot of bulking up to do, some can take 13 weeks plus to finish up , just as the other peeps said keep checking trichomes and overall ripeness of the plant,

7 weeks from 12/12 so your at 5 weeks flowering,
Patience and you will be rewarded

Back
Top Bottom