Light height

rtfdc1

420 Member
Hi All! I try to keep the leds close to 10 inches away from the plants. My last grow had very short internodes so the plant was very bushy. Will raising the light source affect the internode length? I'm thinking yes but how much? Ok, now we get to trimming the plant. I see all these journals with beautifully manicured plants with not a tip curl or yellow leaf. How much do you trim/thin the leaves. Do you take out all the big sugar leaves? Help!

I am not an led guy but. I think raising it will increase the node spacing.
I used to remove a lot of fan leaves. If you look at my current plant you see huge ones. But they aren't covering anything important. I tuck what I can but do remove some in veg stage.
For sure leave the ones that aren't blocking anything.
Someday I am going to do my own side by side testing. One heavy defoil the other none. This subject is very controversial. Some say no some say yes. Up to you to test it really. Wishing you luck with your grow.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Hi All! I try to keep the leds close to 10 inches away from the plants. My last grow had very short internodes so the plant was very bushy. Will raising the light source affect the internode length? I'm thinking yes but how much? Ok, now we get to trimming the plant. I see all these journals with beautifully manicured plants with not a tip curl or yellow leaf. How much do you trim/thin the leaves. Do you take out all the big sugar leaves? Help!
Mostly leaves that are blocking light at nodes or branches . During veg and those blocking light to bud sites during flower. If you can not tuck them. .

"carpe diem"

Back
Top Bottom