New to growing

herbalmed

I am setting up a 4x8 room going to be using a 1200 watt led light looking for opinions on soils and nutrients for am indoor grow like mine iv done a couple outdoor just moving inside now what would be a good soil and nutrients combo to start with

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My buddy uses LEDs, HappyFrog Soil and homemade compost and his plants are doing very well and taste delicious!

- He prefers clones, he has two mothers that he has been using for about 6 months and they were just retired (now flowering), he is starting his next batch of mothers soon.

My setup is: 4' x 4' x 6' Grow Tent, 600/750/1000 watt MH/HPS Light, FoxFarms Ocean Forest Soil and FoxFarms Trio Nutrients. I have not completed my first grow yet, but she is a beast.

Would the soil trio work for led also I plan to use fox farms ocean forest soil and the fox farms trio unless anyone has a better option

Gunna try the fox farms ocean forest and the soil trio any tips on pot size would a 3 gallon bucket work or is that to small for root

Still on my first grow but I run a 600W LED with Happy Frog and I'm satisfied. I flipped to 12/12 six and a half weeks ago and the girls look good. Not sure about mixing the soil, never tried it, but a lot of people swear by it. From what I understand, Ocean Forest runs hot, though. So you need to be careful with the nutes, especially early on. Make sure you go with organic nutes to go with your organic soil. I use the General Organics GO Box which has worked wonders, but I learned later that Fox Farms has their own nute line, so maybe that would be better with Fox Farms soil.

As for the bucket size, I use 3 gallon air pots. Air pots and smart pots will keep your plants from getting root bound, but I'm going to use larger pots for my next grow. I have 6 plants squeezed into a 2x4 tent, so the 3 gallon pots are good for my situation. But from what I've learned through research and other threads on this site, a 2x2 foot grow space is ideal for a single plant. So it was suggested to me that I could grow 2 plants in 10 gallon smart pots and get just as much yield as I'm getting with 6 plants now. So for a 4x8 space, 8 plants in 10 gallon pots would be ideal. But you probably want to consider additional lights. The LEDs tend to focus their light straight down. They don't spread the light out very well. I plan on adding a second light for my next grow, and as I said, I've only got a 2x4 space. So make sure you check the area your light covers and add additional lights as necessary. Hope this helps!

Helps a bunch thank you so much and yes fox farms has a nute line I am thinking of trying the soil trio it comes with three of there bigger nutes the most used ones I guess

Once I get up and going I'll be posting pictures I just got the room finished today well mostly few more things to finish up any opinion in using mylar emergency blankets as reflect I got a bunch and am gunna try it out

Also what temp does you led run ?

My temps run between 72-84 typically between night and day so I'd say it adds about 12 degrees. I have a pretty small tent though, so I'm sure that effects things. It's the one thing that worries me about adding another LED, are my temps gonna jump up significantly? From what I read 85 is the highest you want in your grow space, 95 if you run CO2. Maybe that's a good selling point to convince my wife of a CO2 investment. "Gee honey, I had no idea the extra light was gonna raise my temps so much. But I can save my harvest if I add CO2 to my grow, and I'll even get bigger yields!" Haha!

Gunna try the fox farms ocean forest and the soil trio any tips on pot size would a 3 gallon bucket work or is that to small for root

If you are going w/ autoflower a 2 or 3 gallon pot is good. If you are going to manually flower your plants early (smaller in size) 3 - 5 gallon is good. If you are going to let it grow to its full potential I would suggest 5 to 7 gallon.

420-magazine-mobile655183044.jpg

New to growing

I would do 4 plants max. I would start them in some sort of rooter plug until they pop and move to a solo cup. Then to a 3 gallon for a month or more of veg. Then a 10 gallon or bigger for flower. Transplant about a week prior to going 12/12. Lst and supercroping with some stakes. You may want to buy a cal mag supplement I hear led lighting causes the plants to take in more. Focus on a small number of plants so they can each get the right amount of love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Make sure to have some fans blowing and you will probably need a carbon scrubber too but it is addictive and therapeutic to grow these lovely ladies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom