CB Dutch Treat - Is This Normal?

Mymedz

I have 2 CB Dutch Treat girls in week 5 of flowering right now and have noticed a difference between the 2 .

On one all the bud sites have the pistils growing straight out and on the other they are a lot tighter and compact. They almost look melted, kinda weird.

This is my first grow and Im wondering if this is some sort of issue or if its just a difference in phenotypes

Here is a pic of 2 bud sites side by side..

20170302_192013.jpg

I'm 6 weeks behind you with this same strain, but based on other plants from CKS, I would say the answer is yes this is normal. I noticed significant differences in the flowers of four plants from the same batch of seeds that I just finished. If you were working from Clones it might be a different story. More experienced growers here might be able to give additional insight. I am very curious if you've harvested any of this CBDutch Treat variety and can give me any insight as to the affect this strain has. I grew their Dwarf Low flyer and after curing, I think it was WAY more potent than the 10% they said. A great outcome, but surprisingly strong.

I'm 6 weeks behind you with this same strain, but based on other plants from CKS, I would say the answer is yes this is normal. I noticed significant differences in the flowers of four plants from the same batch of seeds that I just finished. If you were working from Clones it might be a different story. More experienced growers here might be able to give additional insight. I am very curious if you've harvested any of this CBDutch Treat variety and can give me any insight as to the affect this strain has. I grew their Dwarf Low flyer and after curing, I think it was WAY more potent than the 10% they said. A great outcome, but surprisingly strong.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't harvested yet, im about 2 weeks out. Ill try to remember to PM you a review after drying/curing.

I did notice some leaf differences as well. It is a hybrid and it almost appears one plant took on more sativa genes and the other indica. Ill be sure to keep the 2 cured plants seperate to see if there is any difference in smoke and affect

MyMedz - How are things going with the CB Dutch Treat? What was your yield? Did you quick dry and test?

Outdoor in 20 gal buckets planted two on 18Aug, harvested on 31Oct at 6:66 PM(that is 7:06 normal time) Ms.

Doper Chick Queen 2016 decapitated them as the crowd roared. Got 5 oz. dry bud off each plant, way more

than I thought possible with such a short life cycle. I love this stuff, it kills depression and lets my 2 surviving

cells stay active & semi sharp. This spring it is by far the strongest and prettiest of the 17 varieties in buckets,

looking forward to enjoying the outdoor growing season. Location is southern Nuevo Messico.

Hey can you update? Was thinking of trying this. Looking for a good high cbd strain for indoors. Also a detailed review if u don’t mind.

How did your cbdutch turn out? Can you describe the effect or review a little? I just ordered some seeds

It's been a year since i harvested that one. I really liked it, low power, but great calm experience. I think i let mine go too long and it had more of a calming and sedative effect. If i remember well, its a sativa dominant hybrid, but i like to let my sativas go long to keep them from being overly psychoactive. For what was intended to be a low-THC strain, i found this one to have good potency. I still have some of the beans for genetic preservation, so I do like it enough to want to save the genetics. Glad you ordered some, I think you will like it. Make it a point to count the weeks (days) from the time you switch to a 12/12 cycle. Harvest some early, some on time, and some late. You'll find the day count that works best for you and gives you the experience you want. I really like this strain because you can session on it if you want to. I bought some of the Extreme Haze, from the same and whew! That stuff will set the dedicated on their butts.

Back
Top Bottom