Soil. Nectar of the gods #4 and happy frog
Lighting 600w hps 12 to 18 away in air cooled
Age. 7 weeks old
Water.. tap ph 7
Enviro.. 79 deg day 65 night. 35 r/h on a 18/6 cycle
nutes.. fox farms trio and root organics elemental
Pots. 3g cloth.
Tent 4x4

My leaves on one of the plants seem to be getting purple/reddish veins in the leaves, and its only on the top the veins underneath are green . The leaves in general seem to have a rough paper feel to them, and the edges of the leafs have a slight curl up. the stems of the stalks are nice and green. overall the plant seems healthy. Seeing if i have a deficiency some where. thank you
20170312_104148.jpg

Strain. Sour diesel auto/ Blueberry auto
Soil. Nectar of the gods #4 and happy frog
Lighting 600w hps 12 to 18 away in air cooled
Age. 7 weeks old
Water.. tap ph 7
Enviro.. 79 deg day 65 night. 35 r/h on a 18/6 cycle
nutes.. fox farms trio and root organics elemental
Pots. 3g cloth.
Tent 4x4

My leaves on one of the plants seem to be getting purple/reddish veins in the leaves, and its only on the top the veins underneath are green . The leaves in general seem to have a rough paper feel to them, and the edges of the leafs have a slight curl up. the stems of the stalks are nice and green. overall the plant seems healthy. Seeing if i have a deficiency some where. thank you
20170312_104148.jpg
Could definitely be the strain . Some strains have purple petioles I think that is it. Blueberry is one strain that does it in my experience and research. I have a blue mystic which has blueberry in it. Has purple petioles.

"carpe diem"

Looks healthy to me , if anything there is slight CalMag defec. but nothing to serious , the colors you are seeing appear to be genetic phenotype to me but im no expert by any means. :Namaste:

Thank you.. but here's the plant and I am now getting more yellow in the fan leaves. I am a little confused on if it needs more nitrogen or some mag.. and if i should give it a flush and start there..
20170315_164404.jpg

will try that.. today they are a lot more yellow.. i have tiger bloom for nutes. Or should I try something else with just p k in it.. not sure if i have a lock out. or if i should flush first

This is a phosphorous deficiency. The purple of the stem is sometimes genetic, but if you look at the veins of the leaves they're also purple, and the color of the leaves is a kind of blueish/greenish. The leaf curling in combination with all of that is more indicative of phosphorous issue than a genetic discoloration.

I agree with a PK boost. If you can try to lower your pH to around 6.5 that would probably help as well. Do your nutrients have Zinc in them? Phosphorous uptake is hindered by lack of Zinc. Zinc uptake is hindered by a pH of 7 or more.

thank you all for your help.. my soil ph is a little high right around 7. I've been using the trio from Fox Farms. should i just use some tiger bloom next watering. and would it be good to use some epsom salts. and feed at a lower ph.

I am not sure whats going on. I feed some pk at a lower ph. but my leaves are getting worse. Not sure if i need to flush or ride it out, and the plant is just finishing up. i should be about 2-3 weeks from chop. Trying to learn were i went wrong so i can correct it a head of time. thank you
20170318_094959.jpg

Seem to be still having yellowing issues.. this time on a different plant.. i Cannot seem to find out why. It seems to be in earlier stages of the last plant and the yellowing is getting worse daily.. any ideas, help.. thank you
20170325_104155.jpg

Hmm yeah, I'm doing a little reading up after looking at your Tiger Bloom ingredients, and it's missing sulfur. That does fit some of the symptoms you're seeing, and so in this case feeding epsom salts would be good from what I read, but I probably can't link off-site.

Sulfur (S) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element

Sulfur plays an important role in root growth, chlorophyll supply and plant proteins. Just like iron, Sulfur moves slowly in the plant, hotter temps will make Sulfur harder to absorb like iron. But unlike iron, Sulfur is distributed evenly throughout the plant, mainly the big fan leaves. Sulphur is also a very important element in vegetative growth.

First signs of a Sulfur deficiency are pale young leaves. The growth of leaves will remain slow, but the leaves can also get brittle and stay narrower than normal. Can also have small mutated leaves, along with the buds on top of flowering plants will die off. The growth if the plant can be stunted as well as yellowing of the younger leaves and new growth. Unlike a magnesium deficiency where it starts from the leaves tip and around, sulfur starts from the back of the leaves on forward to the middle of the leaves. The Stems become Hard, thin and may be woody. Some of the plants may show orange and red tints rather than yellowing. The stems will increase in length but not in diameter. Leaves will then be stiff and brittle like glass and fall off soon. Parts affected by a Sulfur deficiency are: The whole plant can be affected as well as young leaves, leaf veins.

Too much Sulfur will cause your plants to be small along with the size of your leaves, along with your leaves being brown and dead looking at the tips. An excess of sulfur can also look like salt damage, restricted growth and dark color damage.

Problems with Sulfur being locked out by pH troubles

Soil

Sulfur gets locked out of soil growing at pH levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in soil at a pH level of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn't recommend having a soil pH of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Sulfur Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums
Sulfur gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at pH levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at pH levels of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn't recommend having a pH over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Sulfur deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Sulfur in them will fix a Sulfur deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other sulfur nutrient supplements are: Rain water, Ammonium Thiosulfate, which is all fast absorption. Garden Sulfur, Sulfate of Potash, Gypsum.
Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by affecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Pictures 1 shows a sulfur deficiency, notice how at the top part the yellow is starting from the backside of the leaf towards the front.....
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

It also sounds like it based on the description in Jorge Cervante's book.

It looks like your instincts with the epsom salts were right.

I am new and had this a week ago. I came to the conclusion that it was an Iron deficiency. I flushed once and used CaliMagic once and she is looking good.
Something to look into. I am not saying to do that, again , I am very new and my first grow.
Thought it might be helpful.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That plant looks sativa so I'd expect fan leaves to yellow during flowering because the plant is focusing on budding not leaf growth so leaves closest to bid is what I want to look at. Psh fan leaves only contain minute amounts of tetras :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Thank you everyone for your help.. I Watered with some epsom and big bloom which has iron in it, and a lower ph. my runoff last time was a little high at 7 to try to bring it down some. My fan leaves in the middle of the plant are looking like this. Is this all the same issue. Thank you.
20170326_084313.jpg

I wud ease right off,check your pH at close to 6,use nutrients at 1\4 strength and add plenty of liquid seaweed at full strength,seaweed should sort out most probs,seaweed,neem oil and superthrive is the growers med kit.TBSd

Back
Top Bottom