Newby help me

2Tru

New to growing and just trying to figure out if everything is going good so far? Any pointers tips anything helps thanks!! I will be posting through the whole period Wether it lives or dies

OK here's the run down

I'm growing indoors

150w grow light

I think it's a 1 gallon pot? Idk though

Regular bagged potting soil

420-magazine-mobile878677466.jpg

420-magazine-mobile227915634.jpg

That's the route coming out of the bottom Idk if that means time to transplant or what but I'm basically just looking for guidance to get me from seedling to harvest

Sent from my SM-T560NU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like a clay drain tray more than a pot- your soil appears to lack perlite or other aerator media. Will need that as it seems you like to water ( avoid over watering) seems as though your root is sticking out of the bottom of your drip tray- I would get a proper planter- 1 gal for every month you want to grow- 3 is the smallest unless it's an auto- the light will need to increase- 400watt min for soil 600 for hydro

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Folks on here will disagree and say you can grow under cfls- sure you can grow under incandescent if you want- but that's my two cents- if you aren't doing at least 400 watts- pack it in- you're wasting your time

I'm just trying to get the basics down before I go and spend 500 on a complete grow kit and I have no idea what I'm doing, I figure If I can get this plant to harvest I will for surely have a nice big yield when I go all in.

Looking good so far, keep your light close and don't transplant until her leaves have grown as big as the diameter of the pot.

The root sticking out the bottom is just the tap root - when it gets air-pruned like that, more roots branch out inside the soil, in search of water.

I'm curious about a couple things...auto or photo?...and your light, is it 150 true watts or equivalent?...the reason I ask is...I've not grown auto's(yet), but with my photo's, I've never seen a tap root emerge through the drain hole...but I'm told auto taps will go straight down to bottom.hence the theory of starting them in their forever homes(bigger pots rather than starter pots)...if indeed you have 150 true watts, it should be able to get you some results...not stellar, but enough to scratch the itch that is growing...if you could throw a couple more CFL's in there...even better!...it would be wise to maybe add some perlite or vermiculite to your soil for drainage when you up pot...don't start adding nutrients too soon and when you do, start very mild...1/4 strength and build up...I would be remiss if I didn't say welcome to :420:...best of luck...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Just got new set of leaves trying to figure out witch grow tent to get it don't want a giant one but my plant will be in the tent until harvest because of where I live, any tips on witch to get sites to go to or what size to get I need something cheap a full set would be nice but mainly just focused on the grow tent right now so any help would be GREAT

And the bulb is 32watt but equivalent to 150watt do I need more I only have one?

And do I honestly need all those co2 things and fans and filters I just need the basics to grow a nice plant around 300 Grams so anything that will get me to that I'm cool with

definitely going to need more light...cool white for veg and then throw in warm/soft for flowering...if smell is going to be a concern, then yes a good charcoal filter would be a wise investment...you want to have air exchange...so an extraction fan is important...up to you if you want to put a filter on it...a couple of oscillating fans for circulation should be considered as well...Co2...personally I wouldn't bother...as for tents I don't use one...but...think of the future...even a modestly successful grow inspires the inner gardener...no sense buying twice...check out sponsors here for price and sizes...alternatively, online retailers or even craig's list or kigigi may turn up a gently used tent if money is a concern...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I over watered what do I do??

Get a nice fan blowing over the soil and keep temperatures up up.... around 27-29 even. Unfortunately clay pots are meant to keep plants cool in the sun so you are going to have to fight a bit harder. Let the soil dry out until the pot feels like its COMPLETELY dry. soil should be pulling from the edges of the pot. You should be doing this EVERY water. If it takes 7 days, 10 days to dry out... let it. These plants need the transition of wet to dry wet to dry and so on. Once the plant gets a little bigger and you can transplant safely, you really need to mix in a lot of perlite/vermiculite with your new soil for better drainage.

You need more light. I know it is exciting because seedlings are nursed very easily with low watt cfls... but the plant is going to grow and in turn need more. They can't stay seedlings forever. You can grow a plant with cfls but you need about 80-100 watts PER plant (if running ONLY cfls). You have 32 watts so... enough to grow 1/3 of a plant ;) Instead of spending a hundred bucks in CFLs over the course a of a couple months, spend 70... yes only 70 bucks with shipping included, and try out a Mars Hydro 300 watt LED panel (available on Ebay). They are a great starter lamp and you can use the cfls you already have to supplement it. 70 bucks on Ebay and you can give your one plant enough to flourish throughout flower and you won't regret the purchase as you can easily continue to use and build upon this lamp when you... as you say... go big. For one plant you don't need a C02 tank or a huge grow tent, or extractor fans with carbon scrubbers but you DO need proper lighting and a good fashioned oscillating fan... you also need decent soil and some good googling skills.

Hope that helps.

xxKitty

That's crazy I actually just ordered one from dealzers it's 400 watt LED but, all might be lost I just transplanted it because I figured the roots needed oxygen right away I'll post pics later on today, hopefully she recovers it was bad I mean about 85% of the roots ripped away the soil crumbled right at the base of the stem.. I watered the New soil and it's sitting under the light now hopefully she recovers man

That's crazy I actually just ordered one from dealzers it's 400 watt LED but, all might be lost I just transplanted it because I figured the roots needed oxygen right away I'll post pics later on today, hopefully she recovers it was bad I mean about 85% of the roots ripped away the soil crumbled right at the base of the stem.. I watered the New soil and it's sitting under the light now hopefully she recovers man

I looked at the website 'dealzer' and certainly hope you didn't pay their asking price on their Mars Hydros!!! What lamp did you buy? If it's the Mars 2 400 watt and you paid what they are asking on their site cancel that order immediately! If it's another lamp... you might be okay but that site has ridiculous... absolutely robbery for pricing points.

Yea thanks for the save there canna kitty I canceled that immediately can't believe I was about to pay that I found one for 80 bucks man good save!

Back
Top Bottom