Soil suggestions - Fox Farms is not available in Canada

J3D1T4IT

Hey all,

I am currently planning out my grow and alot of people here seem to use Fox Farms soil. Sadly here in Canada you cannot find Fox Farms, I found some on Amazon however its gonna run almost $200 to buy and ship it here.

What do other Canadians out there use?

P.S. - I searched the site, and did a google search but could not find a suitable replacement for Fox Farms in the threads i read. I hoping a new thread will kick off a great discussion for other newbies looking to answer this question in the future.

Cheers

Jedi

Hey all,

I am currently planning out my grow and alot of people here seem to use Fox Farms soil. Sadly here in Canada you cannot find Fox Farms, I found some on Amazon however its gonna run almost $200 to buy and ship it here.

What do other Canadians out there use?

P.S. - I searched the site, and did a google search but could not find a suitable replacement for Fox Farms in the threads i read. I hoping a new thread will kick off a great discussion for other newbies looking to answer this question in the future.

Cheers

Jedi
Are you going to feed bottled nutes? If so why not a soilless medium like peat easily obtainable. Or coco.

"carpe diem"

I am planning on picking up a starter package from AMS when i order my seeds. I haven't really come across much info on growing in peat moss so far but that adds another piece of info to look into.

Any pros or cons to growing in Peat Moss? Additional work required or differences to what you would normally do when growing in soil?

I did find some ProMix Organic soil thats a good price and can be sourced locally as well.

Thank you! Ive seen a number of people link to his journals but haven't had the pleasure of going through them yet. I will definitely take a look and see what his organic kit is all about.

Cheers!

I use promix hp ( I think it was $8 at Canadian tire ) big bag. Then I added perlite. Works better if bottom fed though so perlite doesn't float up.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

ProMix Vegetable and herb is almost identical to FFOF. It's a "just water until bloom" mix like FFOF.
I love it and get great results with no nutrients until week 5 of flower. Then I just use KoolBloom dry ripener for 2-3 weeks and flush. Probably the easiest way to grow weed with no problems and guaranteed results.
Great for busy people who just want to grow and not spend their time testing/adjusting ph and mixing nutrients.
It's available at Home Hardware all season round but you may have to call your local store to have it ordered during off season. It's available at Walmart, Lowes and some Home Depots in the spring season.
Probably the best soil I've used out of a bag. Just add more pearlite if you want better porosity and faster nutrient uptake.
It's the one with the red tomato on it.
420-magazine-mobile790192945.jpg

I know I'll get flack for saying you don't need "nutes" but you don't with this soil until finish.
I've turned a lot of fellow Canadians on to this soil.
But you don't have to take it from me...
This is from another member here that uses it now.
420-magazine-mobile832139278.jpg

ProMix Vegetable and herb is almost identical to FFOF. It's a "just water until bloom" mix like FFOF.
I love it and get great results with no nutrients until week 5 of flower. Then I just use KoolBloom dry ripener for 2-3 weeks and flush. Probably the easiest way to grow weed with no problems and guaranteed results.
Great for busy people who just want to grow and not spend their time testing/adjusting ph and mixing nutrients.
It's available at Home Hardware all season round but you may have to call your local store to have it ordered during off season. It's available at Walmart, Lowes and some Home Depots in the spring season.
Probably the best soil I've used out of a bag. Just add more pearlite if you want better porosity and faster nutrient uptake.
It's the one with the red tomato on it.
420-magazine-mobile790192945.jpg

I know I'll get flack for saying you don't need "nutes" but you don't with this soil until finish.
I've turned a lot of fellow Canadians on to this soil.
But you don't have to take it from me...
This is from another member here that uses it now.
420-magazine-mobile832139278.jpg

Hi Jimmy. My thanks to you as the reason I am using this soil is a post I read of yours some time back. It has been working really well for me

Back
Top Bottom