What does this mean

420LB

420-magazine-mobile944992453.jpg

She was doing fine and I checked on her this AM and she is tipped over what causes this guys???

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ahhh bro that sucks....erm I'm on my first grow but I've seen guys salvage some lost causes before. Maybe try supporting it with a skewer or something....but you're gonna have to be virgin pussy gentle with it man!!

Worst comes to the worst scrap it and top your remaining plants to keep the yield at the same amount

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well no one is answering your main question. What does this mean? It means you didn't give it nearly enough light and it stretched and stretched and stretched trying to find light. But it bent over and is likely a lost cause.

What is your setup? Can you start another seed? I would suggest starting fresh and with more light. Much more light.

Definitely stretching due to not enough light, happened to me at the start of my grow, i got a bit of string and stuck a stick next to her and loosely tied it and she was fine, now she's 3ft tall and coming along nicely
420-magazine-mobile1859027214.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Marley88 ,

Thumbs up, bro, good to see your baby recovered...

If it happens again (although I am sure it will not :)) and the plant is snapped close to the ground - you can add a bit of more soil to your pot, just around the stem.

Cheers to your beauties!

Sometimes seedlings just stretch at this stage. I've had my 400W light literally 1 foot away ( way more light than recommended for seedlings) and they still stretched and fell over. They eventually pick themselves back up but I would usually just stake them upright.

I wouldn't say she's suffering from the bend yet. I don't see any yellowing or signs that the stem is dead. It's probably just bent over and kinked like a garden hose. I'd slowly lift its head a little bit to "unkink" it, and then prop it on something. I'd avoid trying to prop it straight up yet since that might cause more damage to the area that's bent over, but you can think of the stem literally like a garden hose, so this kink is hindering nutrient/water uptake.

What are your high and low temperatures? I've heard that large differences between night and day temperatures can cause extreme stretching but honestly it just seems like someting seedlings do at this stage. Never had the same happen with clones. What's the relative humidity like? I'm guessing low... Just a hunch.

The leaves look a little strange though, doesn't seem like this one is genetically stable. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic.

If she survives this (which may verywell be highly likely) she just had her first supercrop ...
if not ... learn what caused the stretch and never let it happen again :)

but my god did my gut cramped in sympathetic paines when i first saw the picture...
I really hope she makes it ... please keep us posted ... might be interesting to see how strong of a weed she is :popcorn:

Pt

Marley88 ,

Thumbs up, bro, good to see your baby recovered...

If it happens again (although I am sure it will not :)) and the plant is snapped close to the ground - you can add a bit of more soil to your pot, just around the stem.

Cheers to your beauties!

Exactly what I was gonna say... Just add more dirt around the stem and you should be okay. .

I would use a little perlite to add a couple of inches to encourage some roots to grow from the stem,and yes a big difference in day and night temps does induce stretching,a technique used by agriculturists to control the plants height(ref-DIF).also I forgot to say add 2 or 3 inch a perlite(maybe 20% vermiculite to help keep it moist but not soaking,good drainage is essential)and a stake.TBS

All good but I want to start a new thread about supercharging your garden,a subject I know loads a yous want to try for obvious reasons,how do I start it of,I'm a agricultural consultant so any questions I'd love t try n help,as well as helping I can learn from other peeps things that have escaped me,so SUPERCHARGING any one know how to start us off swapping info.TBSd

420-magazine-mobile944992453.jpg

She was doing fine and I checked on her this AM and she is tipped over what causes this guys???

Bro your problem is there's not enough soil supporting her! The top of that seedling should only be about an inch above the soil,

"Only my 2 cents tho, only been growing 10 yrs!" Good luck buddy, she'll be fine with support!

NaYaWorries

420-magazine-mobile157239496.jpg
420-magazine-mobile964323641.jpg

Ok guys I've replanted her and put her in a bigger pot more soil do u guys think I have hope with her??? I also lowered my light and will get more lights ASAP!!!

All good but I want to start a new thread about supercharging your garden,a subject I know loads a yous want to try for obvious reasons,how do I start it of,I'm a agricultural consultant so any questions I'd love t try n help,as well as helping I can learn from other peeps things that have escaped me,so SUPERCHARGING any one know how to start us off swapping info.TBSd

I'll be in touch def got questions

Back
Top Bottom