Adding heat?

LuckyAlbatros

I was aware that LED was considerably cooler but I was not prepared to see my tent under 60f, (57!), with humidity at 43%. I live in grow region 5b in a house with an unheated freestone basement and I had been counting on this factor for when the heat arrives in summer...but being me I neglected the effect on winter grows.

Immediately ran to the hardware store and purchased a $15 heater/fan.

fan.jpeg

View image in gallery

Good solution?​

Check this out. Lets you set a temp on the heater plus an ac. Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/...
untitled172.png

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

The little oil filled type seem to hold a more steady temp in my experience and doesn't have the draw spikes that one you posted have (depends how tight you pushing your breaker, put one of those type in my shed and pop goes the breaker so I tried the Radiator style and it worked). Also keeping plants off the floor will help some if they not already as tent bottom not much insulation and concrete always a lot colder than the air.

I use one of the oil filled ones (seasonal clearance now at Lowes and Depot in New England). I think I have it set to 60 degrees in a 5x5x7' tent with a 600 watt LED light going 24/7. My highs and lows are about 70-80 degrees, I could crank this up by turning up the heat on the oil filled or turn it down by introducing more cold basement air which is pretty steady at 45 degrees.

Good luck

How does this reply to my question? This is a controller\monitor......

Ok yes the fan/heater is a good idea. That controller I showed you lets you control the temp exactly.
The heater alone can only guess.
Trying to help and share knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom