First Time Grow Purple Kush & Cali OG Cush & Unknown

FastGM3

Alright so I got a lot of first going on here, I'm really new at this and have already screwed up. First time grow, indoor, led, and tent) So I'll try to do some documentation, as I've followed a few others and found them helpful and enticing. Hopefully the pics show, first time using imgur :)

Tent - 2X3X5 Secret Jardin L90 Two Rooms - Yes it's small and fits in my closet perfect!
F2tRLKj.jpg

Bloom Room - 600w ViparSpectra
W0m40Ww.jpg

Veg Room - 300w ViparSpectra
EUIFBXx.jpg

Vortex PowerFan VTX400 - Plan is to split the intake into two ducts with a carbon filter in bloom room.
cAEUFAR.jpg

Happy Frog Soil
Distilled Water

So I started 6 seeds I had from decent herb, while waiting for the crop king seeds. I wanted a practice round before the good stuff. Following the germination program provided from crop king I got the seeds to grow a tap root then placed them into Rapid Rooters, where they eventually made it to the red solo cups and the 1 -1gallon bag shown in the veg room pics. So far so good, I think.
rvTA9uD.jpg

QQEUexl.jpg

Crop King seeds arrive and I proceed to screw up not do anything like before and who knows whats going to happen. The seeds popped in water, I moved them to a wet paper towel but in a quick bad decision placed them on a paper plate and left for the day and night. Needless to say, seeds got dry but had a tap root. I put them in the Rapid Rooters but proceeded to put too much water in the tray and now have slowed water growth is left in them. I've since fixed that problem, and crossing my fingers for a full recovery. Fortunately I only soaked two of each (Purple Kush and Ca OG Kush), so I do have a couple more shots at this.

63PMSjG.jpg

The Tent exhaust and fan system is evolving, I went from a high of 91 with the 300w veg light to 68-72 with the exhaust fan. However outdoor temps have been fair and will rise and season changes, and the 600w light will also heat things up. So I'm closely watching temps. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Ten days after seedling were placed in water, they sprouted nicely and roots are showing in the Rapid Rooters. So I put them in soil and fabric bags today. Here's some updated pics.
New sprouts, Ca OG Kush and Purple Kush
IMG_47189.jpg

This one is a little yellow and gets these dew drops inside the tent. I don't notice the drops so much on the other sprouts or plants.
IMG_47198.jpg

Roots showing through the Rapid Rooter
IMG_472412.jpg

Room with the crop king seeds in fabric bags
IMG_472514.jpg

Looking good.
I grow at night to keep temps ok in summertime.
Don't grow to much plants you have no space you need 9 weeks bloom and your veg plants need to wait that long.
So they would be much to big.
You have to think about plant count vs. potsize and veg time.

And :welcome:

Thanks! Some (if not all) of the red solo cups will be moved outdoors or given away, the fabric pots are my indoor honey pots! All plants are currently in the 1x1 veg side. I also have the 2x2 side for bloom. I'm thinking of having only 5 plants in 3gal fabric pots during bloom in the 2x2 room.

Currently using only distilled water is that fine?

You should not veg to long some Kush stretch and 2x2 is not much for 5 plants.
Ro is ok as long as plants look good usually there is enough for some weeks in the soil.
With LED some plants need more cal-mag and with ro water you sure will need it at least in bloom.

Keep an eye on rh during bloom to not go over 60% after week 4.
Rh goes up fast with lights out so always keep the exhaust running.

I moved the girls to the 2x2 room, here they'll have the 600w ViparSpectra LED in Veg mode for a few weeks. I've got plant in a red solo cup that is just out growing everything.

IMG_474311.jpg

I've got a seedling that looks like it's going to recover after a shady start.

IMG_47426.jpg

Split the girls up I needed more room. I've got my first seeds now at day 27 since being soaked in water, alone in the 2x2 room under the 600w ViparSpectra LED in Veg mode. The Crop King seedlings now on day 22 are in the 1x2 room under the 300w ViparSpectra. I also topped the day 27 seeds, 7 days ago and the new sprouts are coming in very nice. I've started LST, on the day 27 seeds hope it looks right.

IMG_477214.jpg
IMG_477113.jpg

Here are the Purple Kush and Cal OG seedlings from Crop King now on day 22. They seem to be slow growing but coming along. 1 does look a little yellowish but always has since the shell fell off the sprout. Thought?

IMG_477315.jpg

They are not to slow, first 4 weeks are for roots.

Some new growth can look yellow /light green for some days.

Thanks Darkgrow! I appreciate the input. Next move is transplanting the plants in red solo cups, into their felt pots.

Here's few new pics. I've transplanted the red solo cups to 2 gal bags. The crop king seeds are really taking off now. They've been topped, and now I'm doing some LST with them. I've moved one of the crop king seeds into the larger room and I've added a trellis.

IMG_478611.jpg
IMG_478711.jpg
IMG_48007.jpg
IMG_47999.jpg

Well here I am in week 12, 5th week of flower stage. I had 3 males, that took me down to 7 plants. I had one Ca OG just never take off, I removed it from the tent. Down to 6 plants. Another Ca OG got oily leaves on me and burnt up in flower stage week 3, down to 5 plants. One of my Purple Kush plants did a similar thing, down to 4 plants. I should have sent pics earlier and ask what the heck is going on. The tent rarely get to 80, and humidity is 45-55 avg. I used some flora Nova like 3tsp per gal to water all plants, I've done this all through flower stage but I would do straight water every other day. Now I've got my last Purple Kush and one unknown strain starting to curl leaves, I've stopped flora nova all together. the other plants, leaves and flowers look real good and healthy. I'm scratching my head, all plants are treated equal, with the exception of felt pots. Seems the ones I left in 1 gal pots since seedling stage are dying first, will transplant next time. Here's the pics, appreciate thoughts and advice. TIA
IMG_50035.jpg
IMG_50029.jpg
IMG_50017.jpg
IMG_499910.jpg
IMG_499810.jpg
IMG_499614.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom