First time grower seeking knowledge on growing Super Silver Haze indoors

iancey26

I am seeking as much knowledge, tips & tricks for Growing Super Silver Haze indoor. I have 6 seedlings on day 8 that are about 3.5" tall going on their 3rd nodes. I am planing to mainline/manifold to combat the height issue and also get a higher yield.

Does anyone have info on the best nutrients to feed this and maybe a feeding chart I can go by? I know it's my first grow, but I'd love to get best quality nugs possible. So please, ALL COMMENTS & TIPS are welcome, as I need as much experienced knowledge as I can get. Thanks again guys and Happy Growing!

The guide at the top of the grow room section is great for newbie questions... helping me a lot through my first grow! Also, reading all the journals to see what has worked for people is invaluable... not to mention encouraging!

First Berry White Closet Grow

Perfect, Thank you! the biggest problem I've had so far is how to deal with my impatience! I just want to see huge colas immediately, but I think that's part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi .
Check out my thread
Haze - A Primer and post any questions you have, I'm happy to help!

Size of room?
Lights?
Nutrient type?

Awesome! This is super helpful!

On Day 10
420-magazine-mobile16965237.jpg

It's in a box until I have time to fully set up the room.

Size: 7'x7'
Lights: T5 4x2ft bulbs
Nutrients: fox farms ocean Forrest (recommended all by veteran grow buddy)
Just did one feeding of Maxi crop liquid seaweed.

The lights are lifted for the picture. They started sagging a bit due to bad drain holes in the bottom. I drilled 5 1/8" holes in each bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I noticed a few things....Firstly, you need to cover those pots. Allowing any light to get to the roots will kill them. Never use clear pots.
Secondly, I see water droplets on your leaves. That is a no no as you'll just burn them. Other that that, they look very healthy indeed.
:goodjob:

I'm confused by your comment re water droplets. Isn't misting generally recommended?

I'm confused by your comment re water droplets. Isn't misting generally recommended?

Im a newbie but Ive read many conflicting things regarding clear pots. Some use them w great success saying roots dont like air and are not botheted by lights. Idk something to def look into more. And misting plants can cause the leaves to burn. You dont want to get any water on you leaves at this point. You can get foliar sprays.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Im a newbie but Ive read many conflicting things regarding clear pots. Some use them w great success saying roots dont like air and are not botheted by lights. Idk something to def look into more. And misting plants can cause the leaves to burn. You dont want to get any water on you leaves at this point. You can get foliar sprays.

I'm new too. But I think you are talking about misting with water that included nutrients. Plain water should be ok if not overdone. After all, it rains outdoors . .

I'm new too. But I think you are talking about misting with water that included nutrients. Plain water should be ok if not overdone. After all, it rains outdoors . .

Do some more research on it. I thought the same thing. I was misting away. Rain water is different than the sink or bottled water.

Size: 7'x7'
Lights: T5 4x2ft bulbs
Nutrients: fox farms ocean Forrest (recommended all by veteran grow buddy)
Just did one feeding of Maxi crop liquid seaweed.

The SSH phenotype you want, is the equatorial sativa. It's not going to finish well at all under T5's, you need HID lights to avoid a shitshoot. Buy a 400w HPS, at bare minimum.
As I said in my Haze thread, it's really a 1000w plant. A focused 600w HPS on one plant would manage, but I'd not recommend it.

420-magazine-mobile950963295.jpg

So here's my update. I've transplanted into 4 x 3Gallon pots and 2 x 5 Gallon pots. After much debate I decided to go with a 1000w double chipped LED with the plants are LOVING!! I put in a temp controlled heater and a humidifier which is making a difference for sure.

I haven't needed any nutes yet because the plants look so healthy I don't want to push it. I had absolutely no problems with the see through plastic and actually liked seeing when my roots were ready for transplant. I did mist them with water under the T-5 just because the air was so dry. I use a tiny bit of liquid seaweed in my 6.5 PH filtered water. I'm happy with the results so far. I had one time that I let the plants get too dry before transplant but an hour after I watered they were happy!

PLEASE keep any and ALL comments and suggestions coming. I'll keep posting my results. It's so addicting and fun, thanks for all your comments so far!

6 Week SSH VEG Mainline **Updated**
420-magazine-mobile107241803.jpg

Added a 1200w King Plus LED and the plants exploded. Fox farms, staying light on the nutes and they plants love it. Quick recovery with these seeds and finally starting to show off the Sativa traits! Which is exciting

Back
Top Bottom