New Canadian grower

Ogwillis

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I'm new to this forum.

I will be starting an outdoor grow once I get some basic information from you friendly growers on here. My plan was to buy a recommended autoflower strain and attempt to grow 5 of them in my backyard in a 5 gallon pales, I live in Canada Ontario so I'm really not sure when to start but I was going to let them grow indoors for the first couple weeks then put them outside.

I know alot of you will tell me research more before I go ahead and try a grow but trust me I have and I'm more of a hands on learner so I just need to go for it. My backyard is a dead forest type area so I'll just clear away a small section to leave my flowers in their pots.

If you guys could suggest a strain thats very easy to learn with and I can try nutrients on for the first time that be awesome thank you

Heya friend,, no advice on strains, tho I would opt for a early ripener, but i would recommend an auto. If you dont know what an auto is, well, a bit o research is in order for you. Reason for an auto, is, it goes right to flower, in Canada, most places, the summer is not long enough to fully ripen most strains, imo, tho I know there are plenty of exceptions,, cheers friend

:volcano-smiley:

Heya friend,, no advice on strains, tho I would opt for a early ripener, but i would recommend an auto. If you dont know what an auto is, well, a bit o research is in order for you. Reason for an auto, is, it goes right to flower, in Canada, most places, the summer is not long enough to fully ripen most strains, imo, tho I know there are plenty of exceptions,, cheers friend

Hey thanks for the reply! Today I actually picked up 5, 3gallon pots, 85L of black gold, ph up and down, ph tester trips and some nutrients. I was told at my local shop that black gold should work fine and the nutes are higher quality it seemed so. All together I spent 170 bucks as i live in a smaller town so I'm sure the price is abit higher then other places.

My original plan was to get 5 auto seeds, start them inside for a couple weeks in front of my window and then once the weather warms up abit I'll stick them outside in my back yard. I'm thinking bubba kush from Dutch passion. I was told it's an easy one to start with but maybe I'll choose something different based on everyone's opinion on here. I may also pick up some 5 gallon pots instead as I got the 3 gallons ones thrown in for free today.

Ok then, just one point for now,, growing in front of the Window, besides being cold, the light will produce a tall skinny sprout, near guaranteed. I would suggest some cfl's to supplement the lackage of light

Just a thot,, cheers

Many, many more issues, but that one came to mind

Ok then, just one point for now,, growing in front of the Window, besides being cold, the light will produce a tall skinny sprout, near guaranteed. I would suggest some cfl's to supplement the lackage of light

Just a thot,, cheers

Many, many more issues, but that one came to mind

Oh jeez okay thank you for the info, the only thing is I'm low on cash so what would you recommend for an ok cfl setup till I can put them outside?

Absolutely. Anything you can do is a bonus. I grow a lot of my plants with cfls only. Get em close tho, they love it.

P1160568.JPG

This what cfls can do

P1170080.JPG

Absolutely. Anything you can do is a bonus. I grow a lot of my plants with cfls only. Get em close tho, they love it.

P1160568.JPG

This what cfls can do

P1170080.JPG

Awesome really appreciate the replies, now another question is should I add anything extra to my black gold soil? I was thinking warm castings just because I see everyone else using it. Ps. Those are some beautiful plants!

I have never added worm castings tho I read they are great.

My simple soil recipe,, equal parts of each of these,, potting soil,, (important, no nutes in the soil), peat moss, vermiculite and perlite. Makes a beautiful soil indeed

Now, I have been told that adding worm castings to that recipe makes it so one never needs to fertilize. So I have read. Never done it tho, yet

Cheers,, btw, one does not 'need' all those ingredients, just my recipe is all

17622475_10208560273630999_1309488599_o.jpg
17571741_10208560273390993_1359155004_o.jpg
17571690_10208560273310991_2093774966_o.jpg
17571161_10208560273270990_613541473_o.jpg
17521714_10208560274071010_752681978_o.jpg

can anyone tell me if this type of environment is okay to grow 5 gallon pots on? its a little damp atm obviously because of our canadian winter just finishing. i would have liked to plant directly into the ground but theres alot of roots and stuff so im not sure that be the best?

also around alot of the dead trees theres quite a few beetles would that effect my plants in anyway even if there in pots? btw this is behind my house and wont be tampered with . would it be good to lay down some top soil just as a precaution? as you can see in one of the photos theres alittle plant growing there, its not a weed sprout i just wanted to show that things do grow in the area.

Northern lights is a good strain for Canadian climate, or anything with an early finish time :) most indica strains r alright sativas generally take longer to flower an usually won't harvest until mid late oct. depending where u live u could get away with it with out to much issues. Iam trying sour diesel outdoors this year in Nova Scotia so Iam keeping my fingers crossed for a long hot summer an late fall

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Northern lights is a good strain for Canadian climate, or anything with an early finish time :) most indica strains r alright sativas generally take longer to flower an usually won't harvest until mid late oct. depending where u live u could get away with it with out to much issues. Iam trying sour diesel outdoors this year in Nova Scotia so Iam keeping my fingers crossed for a long hot summer an late fall

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Finally someone responded, thank you for the tip! I'll look into the strain as im choosing tomorrow which one I want. I might try and go with early miss from crop king seeds also later on, it looks like an awesome strain

IMAG097312.jpg
IMAG097412.jpg

My small setup for now till it warms up outside, early miss auto with 132 watts of lighting atm. Only a few days in so far, ill add nutes soon enough.

There's a fan in the back always running, temp usually around 20° does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Hey nivek. Southern Ontario has an excellent growing season. I actually live in a fruit belt. I know people often have misconceptions about Canadian weather, but we have around a 6 month growing season here. Today is April 28, and it is 64F outside right now. Last week we had a few days in the mid 70's. I would think that most of the reasonably populated areas of Canada can get in a full grow easily.
:allgood:

IMAG097312.jpg
IMAG097412.jpg

My small setup for now till it warms up outside, early miss auto with 132 watts of lighting atm. Only a few days in so far, ill add nutes soon enough.

There's a fan in the back always running, temp usually around 20° does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I'm thinking that will hold you til you get them outside :)
Hold off on the nutes for now.

I'll be honest I added an 1/8th of a tsp of nutes just now, my plant is actually at day 5 today. I emailed the nutrients company and the guy said a few days after Germination is fine so just to be sure i only added half the recommended strength for auto's. Also I only added enough water for a couple days just to see how the plant reacts so hopefully it goes ok

I'll be honest I added an 1/8th of a tsp of nutes just now, my plant is actually at day 5 today. I emailed the nutrients company and the guy said a few days after Germination is fine so just to be sure i only added half the recommended strength for auto's. Also I only added enough water for a couple days just to see how the plant reacts so hopefully it goes ok

Don't rush things. Less is more. No more nutes til your lady shows that she needs them. Could be weeks. Get a good watering routine. and above all patience patience patience

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom