Week 3 from seed - New leaves on particular plant came in scrunched & look like tips

jmills826

Hey guys... Im on week 3 and all 12 of my seedlings are doing ok besides some of them stretching .
But anyway can anyone tell me why these leaves are scrunched up like that and the tip looks burnt on the leaf closest?
I do have a fan on my plants, im using cfls and they are close but cant really burn the plant from what ive been told, ive been watering just about everyday cause the soil has been drying out fast and ive been following everything by the book. Is this something i should worry about, as u can see it looks like the newer leaves are looking good and arent scrunched so what did i do wrong?
20170325_065056.jpg

Re: Week3 from seed...new leaves on particular plant came in scrunched and look like

I am a newbie but I am sure the first questions that are going to be asked What kind of soil are you using? Are you using any kind of nutrients yet? This forum is great for getting advice and answers. You can repot your plants all the way up to the bottom leaves to help with your stretching issue. New Roots will grow right out of the stem that is underneath the soil. What kind of lights are you using? And how close are they to your plants? I hope you get all the answers you seek

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Re: Week3 from seed...new leaves on particular plant came in scrunched and look like

Ok buddy im using a cheaper high nitrogen soil called "supersoil", i havnt started nutes yet but i am curious about what kind of nutes i should start out with. And i have a total of 10 cfl (8 2700k & 2 5600k ) and 2 led bulbs and most of my gals are 2 to 5 inches from the bulbs.
Should i add more 5600k?

It looks like it could be Nute burn or root problems. Every time I start from seed I get a few of those stragglers. I usualy pull lightly on the stem and it will say it all. If it's roots are healthy it wont want to get pulled out easily. Don't pull to rip it out, just pull lightly. If the roots resist you have something to work with. If it comes right out with little or no effort then you just saved yourself some stress because there was nothing you could do. :Namaste::Namaste:

Hey guys... Im on week 3 and all 12 of my seedlings are doing ok besides some of them stretching .
But anyway can anyone tell me why these leaves are scrunched up like that and the tip looks burnt on the leaf closest?
I do have a fan on my plants, im using cfls and they are close but cant really burn the plant from what ive been told, ive been watering just about everyday cause the soil has been drying out fast and ive been following everything by the book. Is this something i should worry about, as u can see it looks like the newer leaves are looking good and arent scrunched so what did i do wrong?
20170325_065056.jpg
Bigger pots w good drainage and a NPK ratio soil specific to these lovely gals needs will def help. I noticed your other post about lights and I commented over there

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Yeah i am repotting them in a few days once i decide on what pots i wanna use and a diff soil .
My space is about 8 ft long, 2 ft wide and 12 ft tall, i have 10 gals right now and im guessing 8 will make it to through veg what size pots should i use and doyou think ill have enough room in that area? I will be doing w/e i can to keep them as small as possible obviously...

The super-soil your using is it miracle gro? How often do you water?
I'm wondering if the soil is to hot? I'm thinking root issues too. This one plant your showing seems very small for 3 weeks, it's definitely a fighter though.
Do you have any type of air movement in your closet?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Newbie Week 3 CFL grow - Tip turning orange on this one now - Fungus Gnats

Ok guys i know its hard to see but ill try to explain it...basically the tip turned orange but thats the only spot on this gal that looks like that. I have recently spotted a few fungus gnats and im drying out the soil as fast as possible. Ive already got rid of one of my gals cuz her leaves had big orange spots and was dropping a lil. Ok so basically im wondering is this the fungus gnats larvae attacking my roots or is this a boron or the much more common for indoor calcium deficiency?
Like i said im drying out the soil and ive read that if i flush with jus 72 degrees water it will get rid of most of the larvae? Is there any other home remedies i can use as well?
Btw i do have moving air through the closet and i usually try to keep the temp between 70-75 during light hrs....

20170326_165651.jpg

Re: Newbie Week 3 CFL grow: Tip turning orange on this one now...FUNGUS GNATS

No, not hard to see, impossible to see

Fungus gnats do attack the roots, indeed. Requires immediate action I would think. I have seen the larvae on roots and even seen one flying gnat. Thank goodness I was able to eliminate the problem. I threw the tiny clone away and have never seen them again

Karma sent friend, get on er

Re: Newbie Week 3 CFL grow: Tip turning orange on this one now...FUNGUS GNATS

Use a neem oil soil drench. Got mine at lowes.
Also use sticky paper to catch flying ones. They say yellow but I use white and yellow and the white catches just as many.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom